Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Beginning of My Bass Fishing Addiction
Hi Ya'll,

I write an online article about every 2 weeks... and today my latest one came out.

It is about how I started Bass Fishing.

Here is the link...

[url "http://www.delawarevalleyoutdoors.com/FisherMOM.htm"]http://www.delawarevalleyoutdoors.com/FisherMOM.htm[/url]

AND HERE IS THE STORY............. [cool] [center][size 2]The Beginning of My Bass Fishing Addiction[/size][/center] [left][size 2]I started Bass fishing last summer (2003) when the creek was too high for me to catch trout![/size][/left] [left]
[size 2]My neighbor handed me a chartreuse grub on a spinnerblade rig and said "Toss this in, I betcha catch a bass." And sure enough, I did and just stood there, in awe, looking at the bass and the lure. I couldn’t believe that a fish had gone after that silly looking thing with as much enthusiasm as it had. That was the beginning of my BASS addiction.[/size][/left] [left][size 2]But see it didn't stop there.... I had to move on to harder lures, the spinnerblade rig just wasn't as satisfying as it had been in the beginning, I needed something more. I moved on to spinnerbaits and even bought a buzzbait.[/size][/left] [left][size 2]Next, with some research, I learned how to Texas Rig a nightcrawler. I caught my biggest bass on one, a 15inch largemouth.[/size][/left] [left][size 2]From here, I moved on to a Hula Popper and other various poppers. I even won over a few bass on a Jitterbug! But I still wasn't satisfied and decided to give soft plastics a try. A friend gave me a Berkley Power Leech to try. What a rush it was getting an underwater bite like that! I moved on to Power Worms.[/size][/left] [left][size 2]I tried a pig 'n jig, but didn't have much luck. I need to practice that technique more. By the end of the summer, I had discovered topwater frogs and mice on the scum. I had a very exciting first Bass season, and can't WAIT until this season to start. I own more soft plastics, a Zara Spook and a Heddon Baby Torpedo. And hey, I DO own a fly rod you know. The possibilities are endless!!! [/size][/left]

Thanks and enjoy!
[signature]
[Smile] IT'S NICE TO SEE YOU HAD A HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE ON YOUR FIRST BASS FISHING TRIP. DO YOU THINK YOU WOULD HAVE THE SAME FEELINGS ABOUT BASS FISHING IF YOU HAD NOT CAUGHT ANYTHING THE FIRST TIME OUT? I MYSELF CAN SIT ON THE WATER 8-10 HOURS WITHOUT A BITE BUT JUST CAN'T LEAVE. I KNOW IF I LEAVE THE FISH WILL START BITING. MY WIFE AND BOYS JUST DON'T HAVE THE PATIENT IF THERE NOT BITING THEY GET BORED FAST. CAN'T BLAME THE BOYS THOUGH THEY ARE ONLY THREE BUT LOVE TO GO FISHING. I HOPE WHEN MY DAUGHTER GETS OLD ENOUGH SHE'LL ENJOY FISHING ALSO.
[signature]
i'm the same way i just can't leave i keep telling myself one more cast then i have to leave 2 hours later your still fishin telling yourself one more cast and i have to leave.....one more cast.....one more cast
[signature]
[size 2]I had not had any prior experience with bass fishing before...so had I not gotten a bite that day.... I might not have taken to it.... then again, I may have tried again later on or the next day. It was either fish for Bass, Catfish, or Sunfish... and I was sunfished out. I am glad that I tried![/size]

[size 2]Oh, and about marathon fishing.... Me too........ I can fish 8 - 10 hours without a bite, and STILL not want to leave.... one more cast...always just one more cast! LOL... that is what got me into trouble when I was trout fishing in a stream 2 weeks ago...one of those "one last casts" caused me to slip and fall![/size]

[size 2][/size]

[size 2]My family sometimes dreads going fishing with me![/size]
[signature]
i can relate i fall into every lake i fish it seems i fell into one lake three times last year no make that i fell into two lakes three times last year at one lake three time in one day ! but got to look on the bright side i didn't fall into any lakes ice fishing
[signature]
Great Story, now you have to move up to a high powered Bass boat and a brand new Ford F-350 super duty to haul it with! Did you know you could spend up to 50,000 for a 1.49 fish fillet?
[signature]
I would love an F-350.... than I could get a camper with a slide out! I have an F-150 now....

I am sure that a $50,000 fish fillet tastes MUCH BETTER than a $1.49 one!

a bass boat..........mmmmmmmmmm [cool]
[signature]
I WENT TO RANGER BOATS WHEN I FIRST GOT ON LINE YOU CAN BUILD A CUSTOM BOAT THERE. $50,000 WOULDN'T COVER MY CUSTOM BUILT DREAM BOAT. MAYBE ONE DAY I'LL BE FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO CLICK THE ORDER BUTTON. THATS OK I CATCH JUST AS MANY FISH OUT OF MY 15' TIDECRAFT BASS BOAT THAT MY BUDDY DOES IN HIS 21' RANGER.
[signature]