Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which one is your favorite?
[Smile][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Some people have one, others two and some have several fly rods. Which one is your all time favorite?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Fenwick Eagle 9'-6wt. It was my first real fly rod. I have fished with it for over 15 years now and still love it.
I now own about 10 fly rods but my Eagle still holds a special place in my heart. It sure has given me some great times and memories![Smile]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there DSKR - likewise I have a 6 wt. Fenwick Eagle that I purchased around 1991. My is a 8½' rod. A nice rod for the price.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I have a custom made St Croix Avid. It appears to be just like a factory made rod except it has a wood handle. I don't know what kind of wood it is but it is very light ( I don't notice the difference in wt from cork if there is any). It was billed by the maker as being more sensative than cork and I believe it is. It sure looks nice and casts sweet. The only complaint that I have is that I think cork would be a little more comfortable on my hand on long casting days.
[signature]
Of course my 7 foot 3 piece, 3 5/8 oz. 4 weight bamboo. But, you already knew that[Wink]
[signature]
I couldn't possibly tell you. I have probably 4 that I won't let my wife even look at. All for different scenarios. But I have a 3 wt Sage LL that would be very tough to part with.
[signature]
Scott G series 3wt
[signature]
I don't think I could single one out because I fish in too many different environments and for too many different kinds of fish to use just one rod.

Overall, I would have to say, for most of my flyfishing, my Sage 8 1/2 foot 4 wt. If I had to make do, it would be with this one - if I had to; that is.

For real small streams, I have a relatively "cheapo" Reddington 7 foot 3 wt that I seem to use an awful lot while hiking.

Next would be my 9 foot 5 wt Sage for stillwater floating, sitting in/on watercraft, or tossing larger streamers ect.

For my larger fish targeting(catfish,carp etc.), I have a 9 1/2 foot 6 wt Rogue that has just the right feel and fling to it. I also got that one on a "lark" because of the hugely discounted price that was on it - when I bought it, I thought there must have been something wrong with it(I got it years ago at NPS(damaged shipping goods store)) but after a thorough examination, it seemed perfectly fine, which made the price irresistible. Since then, it has performed flawlessly.

Maybe if I only did one kind of fishing, for only one kind of fish, in only one kind of aquatic environment ...
[signature]