Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer Vacation part 2
Got back from Ak. on Sat., met my 2 buddies Scott and Greg at the house Sat. night, did a turn and burn and left for the high country Sun. morning. Set camp at Spirit Lake Sun. night to get used to the altitude. Scott is from Tacoma and Greg is from Ga.
Fished Spirit the first day, did a day hike into Fish the second. Walked around a bit and used a little of Dr. Jack's old #7 to cure the altitude sickness. Here is a picture of our camp on Spirit. Yes it has sattilite TV.
[inline kp1.bmp]

Repositioned to Henery's Fork to start our assult on King's Peak on Wednesday. Started the assualt about noon. Got to the meadows and took some pictures.
[inline kp2.bmp]

Made camp just above some lake. We took the short way up by scaling the scree.
[inline kp3.bmp]

View from the top.

[inline kp4.bmp]

View of IFG the day after. I will never do this again.

[inline kp5.bmp]

I'd rather fish. I can say I did it.....big stinkin deal!!!!!!!

IFG
[signature]
Scott, looks like a fun trip. Had to be quite the experience for your fishing buddies. Did you catch any fish?
[signature]
Nice wiew from the top if it isn't snowing. Well worth the 45 minute hike. Did you see any ptarmigans on your hike. The basins around kings peak are good places to find them. gshorthair
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3]Looks like a fun trip! Natalie and I are looking to make a trip up Kings either this fall or next summer. It definitely seems like on of those one and done trips. How long was the hike in for you guys? (time and distance) Did you camp on the top or somewhere below the peak? [/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
Ray,
I didn't see any hign country chickens. Plenty of Moose and Elk and some Deer (non shooters).

Rob,
If you and the wife are thinking about hiking that call me before you go. Plan on spending a few bucks on bags and shoes, forget the guns, weight means everything. I'll loan you my bag but you will have to buy your own shoes, you'll never fit in to mine. It's genetics you know, I'm a Pollock. I have a better route on my GPS then is on the charts. Harder, but better and faster.

IFG
I worked for an outdoor retailer specializing in backpacking for a couple of years. So I have the shoes, bags, stoves filters, kits, and the list goes on and on. My wife thinks i have too much stuff actually. But i am interested in this route you took.
[signature]
That is one trip I may never do now but congrats on doing it . I know I would rather be fishing . I should of went for it 10 years ago . Dam you been busy this summer . That last pic looks just like me this week . Sick as a dog and laid up .
[signature]