Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help new member
we have a new england member on our sister site who could use a little info about a spicific fly tying kit.

[url "http://www.fishingmessageboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=14991#post14991"]http://www.fishingmessageboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=14991#post14991[/url]

[size 1]here is a copy of his post...[/size]
[size 1]if you can answer his question please follow the link above.[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]you may also extend to him an invite to become a member on this forum as well...[/size]
[size 1]
[/size]

[size 1]Anybody heard of R.I.T.S.?[/size]

I was recently at L.L. Bean the other day trying to buy my father a birthday gift, and I came across this fly fishing "kit" called "R.I.T.S." It looked rather interesting, as you screw the fly rather than tie the fly. It also has some sort of spring mechanism that helps to keep steady tension on the line.
I have been trying to find out more information about this product, but I can't seem to find anything.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this and if it actually works. I was thinking of picking up a kit to try it, but I don't want to throw my money away if it doesn't work. Has anybody tried this
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hi there davetclown. I usually check my boards at the FMB site daily. I did answer his post just recently. Thanks for the heads up.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I know you and a couple others hit that board regular, cause "yu da man"

what I didnt know is if you knew anything about that kit.... I thought this was the best place to find out about it..[cool]
[signature]
[left][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there davetclown,[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Here is the RITS tying system. I think that it is rather mickey mouse if you ask me. 3 2/0 flies for about $29 is heavy. At $10 a copy sure would hate to lose one of those suckers.[/size][/green][/font] [/left] [center]Here is their description:[/center] [ul] [li]Unique system allows changing of flies without retying knots [li]Three optional attachments enhance the versatility of your flies [li]Includes three size 2/0 deceivers and three size 2/0 R.I.T.S. blanks [/li][/ul] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=22338;][/center]
[signature]
think I would pass on it as well, a bobbin and a cheep vice would do me a better service.

not that the end product looks bad, the kit is just a bit too complicated for me...
[signature]