Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gone Fishin Lodge or Doc Warner's???
I have narrowed it down and I need some advice. Both are great places (From what I hear). Both have a different experience, but produce fish.
Any recommendations???

Thanks,
Hookjaw
[signature]
I wouldgo to Doc Warners over Gone Fishing. I used to work for Doc and his facilities and boats are truly top notch! He maintains them well and you will not be disappointed.

When I did the fishing shows with my next employer, AK Boardwalk Lodge, I got to know the Gone Fishing guys. Super nice people, and they really mean well. But trust me they are not nearly as good as Doc's.

Put it this way, Doc Warner is a PhD of Fisheries Biology and worked as a Fisheries Bioligist for the State of Alaska for 15 years. They monitored catch rates, both commercial and sports catch, all throughout that 15 years. Then he set up his lodge with all that previous knowledge brought to bear. HMMM wonder why he set up in the inlet and area he did??

Best of luck with either though. Alaska is an amazing trip!!

Next you will want to go to Play Del Carman Mexico for some top notch Deep Sea fishing. See the photo
[signature]
Hands down Doc Warners, I have been to both. Gone fishing lodge was terrible by far the worst trip to Alaska I have taken. We went to Doc's in September and the silvers were huge I caught one that was a couple of pounds shy of the state record. We had a blast catching our limit of HUGE silvers nearly every day. Gone fishing is just in it for the money. good luck

[fishin]
MM
[signature]