Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10/30 Halloween Eve 33 Hole Report
[size 2][/size][size 2][/size]10/30 Halloween Eve 33 Hole Report

Arrived at the rocky point lot about 7pm. Started taking the main trail down the hill but soon got disoriented in the pitch black night. Decided to settle on a unfamiliar point with a steep shoreline. Baited one rod with a crawler on the bottom & started tossin around some new glow n dark bucktail jigs with the other. Couldn't believe it but I actually heard what sounded like boils (tons of baitfish popping the surface) taking place out in open deeper water. About every half hour or so not lasting very long 2mins at most. The sound kept me motivated kept tossin the bucktail jig practically burnt my arm out then a dink striper (8-10in) decides to play lil sucka fought hard felt way bigger. Was tired so I just baited up sat back and enjoyed my drink. The cat bite was slow but landed 6 all were under a foot some thicker than others. Decided to pack it up at midnight slow walk up the hill. The temp was nice n cool the whole night never got chili or windy the yote howls echoed in the canyons all night. There was a few bankies set up in the main cove other than that didn't see a single boat in the bay. Had plans for a big 10lb cat but maybe next time. Comments or questions welcome. (NOTE camera phone pics suck at night)
[signature]
Thanks 4#, camphone does tend to put mud on the fish (haha)
[signature]
I was tempted to fish 33 hole that same night, as soon as the three in my party looked down from the parking lot we decided it was way too dark. We ended up fishing hemingway instead and my friend caught two nice cats and a mystery fish that got away. He just changed out the line on his rod, the first fish, whatever it was snapped his line after a 2 minute fight. He said it felt heavier than the 5lb cat he pulled in. I got skunked, kept tossing my line into the reeds.
[signature]
yeah man, i can't believe i lost the first one. i had brand new fluorocarbon line on that rod too. i shoulda let it fight instead of pulling on it too hard. it was the first fish of the night and i was too excited, probably why i made a newb mistake haha.
[signature]
Iamthesmf - Actually no putting fish on a stringer and layin it down on the muddy shoreline tends to put mud on the fish nothing a fillet knife cant fix [cool] And Iamthesmf you being such a big bass club member how come we (BFT'ers) never see any reports or pics?

Chizzle - I hear ya its alot easier with a 12ga slung over your shoulder and 2 big game hounds. Even with a good flashlight n lantern its easy to get disoriented at night. Hemingway can be nice were you guys fishin anchovies on the bottom?

Jimmysuperdude - Hey I get excited too I usually set the hook way to hard on the first couple fish [cool] also sucks breaking the fluro line that stuff can add up. What pound line were you using? Bait or lures?
[signature]
thanx for the report!! i'm out of the lake mead game for awhile, tabs on my suv expired i can't afford to fix it to get it to pass emmissions test, (need a new catalytic converter), looks like i'll be bussing it to sunset, flsp, and walking to lorenzi for trout and left over cats, keep them reports coming in. tight lines[fishin]
[signature]
Thanks for the report 4#. Sound slike a dark night. I was out there yesterday and my brother and I only managed 6 small bass. 4LMB,1 smallie and 1 mini striper. The biggest was just 12" again. Dayum these small bass are killin me. I think im gonna head all the way through the narrows and try in the virgin basin next week.

There was hardly no surface activity and only an occasional fish would roll/splash. IDK where the fish went. Me and my brother were in shock at how quite the lake was. I mean the weather was perfect, the water was dead calm and the fish were MIA. Its crazy how little surface activity I have been seeing.
[signature]
4poundonly wrote:[/quote]
Iamthesmf - Actually no putting fish on a stringer and layin it down on the muddy shoreline tends to put mud on the fish nothing a fillet knife cant fix [cool] And Iamthesmf you being such a big bass club member how come we (BFT'ers) never see any reports or pics?

Okay I will keep to our moto "Sharing and caring"

It's been real slow since August. We had less than 10 fish for the whole weekend for the last four months. Even live bait fishing is tough.

I will be going out on Saturday and will post a report.
Good or bad I will post something.
[signature]
Syncityangler - Out of the lake mead game dam that sucks thats the only game around. But if you happened to have a safe addy in pahrump register there nye county dosent smog test. And I could only imagine what some fellow on the cat bus all geared up to fish with the rods and cooler would look like lol just walk to poor-renzi I've caught some nice cats there before.

Vegaskid - Yea was a dark night had a blast. Sounds like ya been doing okay I haven't landed any LMB or SMB my last four trips. Surface activity has been weak but does get hot at times but its always shortlived. I notice this crap when the temp drops and season changes there are some big boys to be pulled out of there this winter I know ill be out there freezing my a** off.

Iamthesmf - I hear ya been slow my last couple trips. Didn't mean to come off as a dick I was just curious. Love to see other anglers pics and reports.
[signature]
[quote 4poundonly] And I could only imagine what some fellow on the cat bus all geared up to fish with the rods and cooler would look like lol just walk to poor-renzi I've caught some nice cats there before. [/quote]

lol i used to do it all the time back in the day when i had no car, packin my tackle box, a couple rods, and a six pack cooler, it wasn't so bad going there even though i did take 2 buses to get to sunset, it was coming back after getting into some fish, and sporting that ever so familiar fishey scent, and everyone on the bus asking "where is that smell coming from?" lmao!! gotta love the die hard fisherman, the one who will stop at nothing just to wet a line,. whats the saying?, "fishermen never die they just smell that way?" lol that was me on the cat bus[cool] tight lines!!!
[signature]
There are no feelings to add to an internet post/email, so all is good.
[signature]
[quote 4poundonly]Iamthesmf - Actually no putting fish on a stringer and layin it down on the muddy shoreline tends to put mud on the fish nothing a fillet knife cant fix [cool] And Iamthesmf you being such a big bass club member how come we (BFT'ers) never see any reports or pics?

Chizzle - I hear ya its alot easier with a 12ga slung over your shoulder and 2 big game hounds. Even with a good flashlight n lantern its easy to get disoriented at night. Hemingway can be nice were you guys fishin anchovies on the bottom?

Jimmysuperdude - Hey I get excited too I usually set the hook way to hard on the first couple fish [cool] also sucks breaking the fluro line that stuff can add up. What pound line were you using? Bait or lures?[/quote]

i was using 15 pound line and we were using fresh sardines from seafood city (friend bought it and said it was only $2 a pound). it was the first time we tried this type of bait, we used anchovies from walmart previous times, but i think these sardines would do awesome if there are strippers around. but yeah, it was a really slow night. after all the time fishing and using different types of hooks i find the gamakatsu stinger size 1/0 work the best.
[signature]
syncityangler - Thats funny syn [cool] guess you got to do whatca got to do. Post up some reports n pics if you ever get out to the urbans. Until then take care.

iamthesmf - I hear ya man. I had anothor ? do any of the club members fish in the FLW?

jimmysuperdude - O 15# you aint lying that was a big one. And good ol seafood city been there a couple times. I tried the white perch for bait probaly my best cattin day out on the lake. And I thought the gamkatsu stinger was a trailer hook? I'm sure you seen the pic below I was kinda shock when I saw it.

This one is for all you guys I know why we have only been catching dinkers all the decent ones are here.Just kidding[cool]
[signature]
No they do not fish the FLW.

Most of the people are good ole boys and their families.

Look for the latest report today (11-07-10) from Saturday.
[signature]
[quote iamthesmf]No they do not fish the FLW.

Most of the people are good ole boys and their families.

Look for the latest report today (11-07-10) from Saturday.[/quote]

O just being a smarta** [:p] do you guys accept bank tanglers in the club? I looked at the latest report looks very good congrats[cool]
[signature]
The Striper Club is great for guys who don't think they can fish tournaments.

The tournaments last for 2 straight days or something, so you can make it to the lake on your own schedule, and you dont have to fish from a boat. You can shore fish from 33 Hole, go home and sleep, and go back to the lake to fish again from a new spot. Or, you can kick it at the lake for the whole tournament.

That it what I liked about the Striper Club - they really tailor their events to the members. Low stress and lax rules. Very comfortable.

The Whizzle
[signature]
Thanks[cool]
[signature]
I fished my first tourny from shore at Kingman wash and finished in the top 10 out ouf 30.
[signature]