Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Lake Suggestions
I've never fished at Henry's Lake before, but we are planning on camping there this weekend, and I was hoping for some suggestions on fishing from the shore. I have caught probably 80% of the trout I've caught using powerbait and floating it up off of the bottom, and another 15 % using worms. I've caught a few with a rooster tail, and a few with a wooly bugger on a spinning reel with a partially filled bubble, but not great success with either. I think fishing with lures is much more fun, but have trouble switching away from the power bait and worms when I normally catch way more fish using them.

What are your guys best suggestions for specific spinners/lures that work well from the bank at Henry's lake? Any pictures or links to a particular lure would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
crankbaits (rapalas) of different colors and rooster tails-black/gold. I don't fish much this way but have friends that do well every yr.

The cliffs -southwest area seems to be the most consistant using worm/powerbait.

hope that helps[fishon]
[signature]
[quote ironrod]
The cliffs -southwest area seems to be the most consistent using worm/powerbait. [/quote]

I've known guys to do real well there from the bank. One guy I know that fishes there swears by a plain unsented marshmallow 2 feet off the bottom. He's also a guy I frequently think is "full of it" so if you try it let us know if it works.

Could be a real circus this weekend, roll with it and have a good time!
[signature]
+1 on Ironrod's ideas. Turn at the Red Rock campground on the west side and drive into (mile) the Cliffs area east of Hope Creek. Spinners are alot more fun to fish, it just keeps ya more busy than waiting on the worm bite, that being said, some of the biggest fish I've seen have been banked where off of worms, powerbait, or sittin a minnow on the bottom. The brookies seemed to like a yellow n red panther-martin at times. Be extra careful in the Cliffs area if the weathers bad (rain/snow) it's easy sliden down but not so easy sliden up! Good luck! [Wink]
[signature]
If it's Memorial Weekend at Henry's the best advice you can get is prepare for huge winds and probably snow. It's the norm for this weekend. Also, know the weather will be incredible come Tuesday. It usually is! [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
We were just looking at the weather forecasts yesterday, and decided we won't be camping there with the family this weekend. Still would love any advise on trout lures though if anyone else is reading this and has some good ones that work.
[signature]
I'll be there Tues [Tongue]
[signature]
i just got back from island park and it was windy raining and snowing se be prepared if your going
[signature]
^^^^^^^^ is an understatement, woke up to 3 inches or so at the county docks, fished for around an hour there about 5 am and nothing, fished farther down by the A frame hole and nothing. Weather was crap and boat in Idaho Falls so what to do.....go cook breakfast and go back to sleep Wink
[signature]
. . . ah the good ole days! [Image: confused.gif]
[signature]
another 6 inches and you could be ridding the sled lol
[signature]
Purchase your two pole permit and then you can try both methods. As far as lures go I caught a few last year on a silver 1/4 oz Kastmaster. Another good one might be a size 4 Mepps spinner. I haven't tried it there but I've caught some nice fish on that giant spinner on the rivers.
[signature]