Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40 years ago today JFK
forty years ago today, How many of remember where you were when John F. Kennidy was reomved from office?

the news flashes was one of my first few retained memories of that era...

the news of vietnam was interrupted for the broad cast of the assination of my second president.... first president that I could remember in my life time....

4 years of age and couldnt reach the knobs to change the channel, little did I know that nothing else would be on tv...
[signature]
1963 I was in school in assembly when the news broke, I was fifteen and you could not have been 4. That was a tough thankgiving that year. Chief
[signature]
Its been a hard life the last 5 years, an auto injury has taken a lot out of me, a lot of injury related stress too. I was born in 59....[shocked] I would be five in just a couple months. I wanted to go to school that year, they would not let me in because I missed the age cut off date by 15 meeslie days. the following year, when they let me in, boy did I catch hell, I cought all my childhood coodies and missed half the year. wore my finger nail down to a stub[pirate]
[signature]
hi Dave,

Sorry to hear about your accident, I have been fortunate enough to have evaided any major auto accidents. I try to drive defensively I've been taking defensive driving courses since 1968 when I was in the Air Force. I think that has helped. Being a fire Chief I sometimes have to drive under red light and that really hightens my senses, people don't hear or see you coming especially at intersectiions. I can't afford to become a problem when I'm enroute to help someone with theirs.Chief
[signature]
you are absolutly right, defencive driving is the best tool for safe ventures and returns.

I was blinsided by a fool behind the weel speeding 65 in a 45 on a foggy rainy snowy day. the fool had her own children in the van.

Sad to think that some people think that speed limits and reducing traviling speeds during bad weather contitions dont apply to them. she came barroliing out of the fog and rain and I was Tboned.
[signature]
yessa i member too/ terrible day. Sad with little bobby solutin his father. Sad Sad day, he could of done alot.[Sad]
[signature]
well i was born in 55 and it figures out i would of been 8. shows ya how the memory goes don,t it. i was thinkin i was 14-15 in school when it happened. what the head does when your gittin old huh? hahaha. sorry bout the accident dave. that,s what i meant with some idiots ridin around in vechicles with loaded guns, askin fer trouble and other innocents have to pay the price fer their stupidity. and foolish hurryin especailly with kids in the car. mothins more important than peoples lives. foolish nonsence. later
[signature]