Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake/ Deer Creek Help
Hey guys I'm just getting started out in Utah and was looking for some advice on where and what baits fish bite on in Utah Lake, been out there trying to catch Catfish with shrimp, stink baits, and bloody chicken liver and had no luck.

Deer creek was wondering what bait i should use there and what i should expect to pull out with that bait?

Any help would be appreciated

[signature]
If you are using the above mentioned baits and not catching cats at Utah lake then the first thing to do is try a new location on the lake as those are the best producing baits for the cats
[signature]
For catfish, try carp meat or white bass meat (use a worm to catch the carp or white bass first). If you don't want to go through that hassle, try just worms for cats. They love worms.

At Deer Creek, nightcrawlers are the best bait and will catch anything in the reservoir..But powerbait off the bottom is good for rainbow trout.
[signature]
Thanks Guys i will give that a try
[signature]
Welcome to the site JF, looks like you have answers to your questions. Here is a link to our Utah board in case you haven't found it yet.
WH2
[signature]
Hey Thank you i will be sure to post on there and say hello!

[signature]
Sorry, I forgot to give you the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=58"]link to the Utah board[/url] but I moved your other post to that board.
WH2
[signature]