Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice?
I believe we have a while until ice up here in Idaho. I was at a high mountain lake on Saturday (8200 feet). Last year I ice fished this same lake the second week of November. This year their was not even a hint of ice on the edges early in the morning.

The water was so warm that I went into the water up to my crotch to retrieve some lost gear in spite of the snow on the bank. Once in the water I had to reach down with my arm to get grab the gear. I was surprised that it wasn't much colder.
[signature]
We are finally starting to get some cold temp down here in the Ogden valley, frost finally ended what was left in my garden, night before last. It should just get colder from here on out.
[signature]
we got ice caps a couple times my way, dont even think about steppin on it,

been doing some last minute gardening, Tree seed plantings, english wallnuts, apples and pears. I will graft to them in a couple years to get early harvest.

got my eye on a 30+ lb coon in the back yard, a fox and a cyote too

I may be looking for my christmas bass from shore this year. no sign of ice comming my way any time soon. there is ice in michigan far far in the north from me. not much but a few guys are getting out.
We haven't heard from you in over a month, good to see you are still kicking[Wink]. I've very surprised you have no fishable ice in your area, from the weather I have seen in your area, it looked like a lot of ice making weather there. Did it freeze then thaw already?
[signature]
we were capped over for the past few days, now it rained last night, and it will be 30s & 40s this week and 50 on monday. No ice fishing in the forcast here for at least 2 1/2 weeks.

I am in the lower part of the state, In the UP thier inland lakes may be able to suport a walker or two.
Been ice fishing Henry's lake in Idaho for a month.
[signature]