Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10/27 Sand Island
So me and my buddy leave Boulder Harbor around 8:00 am and hit the wash. Found live shad very quickly and even donated some to a shore fisherman who was not getting any. After reading some posts we had a game plan and started fishing in 125 feet of water near sand island. Our graph showed fish suspended in 60 feet of water just like the other reports had said. BOOM fish on in 5 minutes. Healthy three pounder. Thinking we were going to tear it up but not the case. Had an awesome day weather wise but just not the action we were hoping for. Put four fish in the cooler. We drift fished for about five hours and we were using the Carolina rig. Not sure if I was just not in the right spot or if maybe the fish just were not cooperating that day. We went back and reloaded our bait supply and only kept the larger shad. We fished in different depths all around the sand island area but no real success. There were very few boats in the area so fishing pressure was not an issue. Just going to chalk it up to "that's fishing". I know it's possible to get 50 fish in a day I have experienced several times but not recently. Just gonna have to keep trying
[signature]
May have been slow but stil sounds like a good day to get out.
[signature]
The fishing app "time2fish" showed a good day around noon. May have been the low pressure system that rolled thru.

[inline Screenshot_10-27-15.png]
[signature]
Low pressure tends to shut down the bite.

[inline "Screenshot_Low pressure system.png"]
[signature]