Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At 25 below zero I miss those summer bass
Chasing bass with deer hair frogs and diving frogs- https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HEpj...FppTlN6NFk
Summer cannot come fast enough for a guy with stage 4 colon cancer

Aerialpursuitflyfishing.com
[signature]
Looks like some nice fisihing as well as excellent catching.

Thank you for sharing that video with us.

Are you using Boomer line with those flies? I like using Boomer with my weighted flies when fishing saltwater. [fishon]
[signature]
Since the bass aren't huge in that pond I use a magnum taper 6 weight flyline with a short heavy leader (5 feet long by 15 pound leader). I use a 10 ft rod so I can lift the fish fairly straight up out of the moss. That system seams to work good for me.
[signature]
Sounds like a good formula.

I used to fish UT back when I lived there. Now I am back to where I was born
in California.

I do quite a bit of saltwater fly fishing. We deal with bits of wind that require different techniques and gear as I am sure you are well aware of.

Some of the species I fish for, I use a weighted or heavy fly and sinking tip flyline. I like the Boomer line since it is slick and shoots like a dream.

I am one of few that ventures into the big salty pond with a float tube. Never too cold for tubing here. The only thing that changes with the cold is the presentation. The other thing is fishing farther down the thermocline where the fish hang out.[cool]
[signature]
Hey best of luck with the big CC, hope that the treatments are keeping it in check... Got a friend in the same boat, but so far so good for her... Hope things go well for you and summer brings lots of nice bass... Good luck... J
[signature]
Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.
[signature]
Wish I could do more than words to help, I'm sure it's a scary situation to be facing. Glad that fishing still gives you an escape. Best of luck and keep in touch. Jeff
[signature]