Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield before the weather goes south
I decided that since the weather was turning cold and wet that I better get in another trip Scofield.
I launched my tube on the east side about 10:00 and fished until about 3:30.  I used medium sink line with a size 8 bead head black leech and a size 8 bead head black/orange/pearl crystal bugger.  I fished the first hour without so much as a sniff.  I'm not sure whether it was the location, the time of day, or the way I was holding my mouth, but the fishing really picked up.  I picked up two tiger trout and the rest were cutthroats.  Every one of the fish were in the slot.  I was trying to catch a rainbow or two for the family but that didn't happen.

The water temperature was 51-52 degrees and the visibility in the water of only about 3' because of the algae.  The reservoir level is down to 15% full and still going down.

There were a few shore anglers, a half dozen boats, and a duck hunter while I was there.

The fishing should only get better once the algae settles out if there is still any water left. Dodgy

[Image: P1080297.jpg]

[Image: P1080299.jpg]

[Image: P1080301.jpg]

[Image: P1080304.jpg]

[Image: P1080306.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Scofield before the weather goes south - by gofish435 - 10-22-2022, 03:23 AM