Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walleye master shows me how it’s done at Willard
[font "Calibri"]Mike4cobra and I fished from noon until 6:30 pm today. We found TubeDude in the channel as we were going out of the South Masrina and talked with him for a few minutes, good to see you again Pat. We went over to the West dike and started trolling blades on bottom bouncers. Water temp was 63*. Mike caught the first eye within minutes of dropping down the worm harness. We had a light breeze with a slightly overcast day when we started and we caught fish on and off for the first 3 & ½ hours, picking up 6 walleye up to 16 inches and losing 3 or 4, including one that was undetermined but big. The bite slowed around 3:30 so we decided to move, water temp was 65* by then. When we arrived at the next location we caught the first fish within minutes and the bite continued steady for the next 2 & 1/2 hours, other boats in the area were catching fish as well but as the day continued the wind died and the clouds dissipated and the burn began. We had decided to keep the first 6 fish, so all the fish caught at this second location were released unharmed, including one that was close to 20 inches. We continued to catch fish until we got 20 in the boat, not including a 10 inch perch but It took the last half hour to catch the last eye, so we decided to call it quits. At one point we had three on at the same time. The hot blade was a Kokanee creek tackle, black pearl, seen in the picture. It was one of those days that don’t happen very often, at least for me and it is one I will not soon forget. Thanks Mike for the awesome day. [/font]
[font "Calibri"]WH2[/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Walleye master shows me how it’s done at Willard - by wiperhunter2 - 05-10-2012, 04:20 AM