Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emerging Bugger
... I was just there last week trying to buy boots for the tubing.. saw a very limited selection of anything fly fishing... but will check again ..... thanks for the tip bro..

MacFly
[signature]
[#005028][cool]Hey there TubeN2 weren't those stores formally called SportsMart?[/#005028]
[signature]
..I thought sportsmart became sport chalet???
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]I don't think so. I shop a Sports Chalet in Brea and there was a SportsMart in Fullerton. I just checked the Fullerton store & it is now a Sports Authority. SportsMart still has 12 sores in the SoCal area. Live & learn from TN2 every day.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
In a nutshell:

Sport Chalet is still Sport Chalet. Still has more selection of FF stuff.

Sportsmart became Sports Authority around June of July of 06'. Limited selection of FF stuff (especially 10wt or 11wt line) but has some stuff for the 3 thru 8 category.

I even noticed that they started carrying Okuma stuff now. I guess they are moving up in the world from the Shakesphere, Shimano and Scientific Angler.[cool]
[signature]
... hey now.. lets not beat on Shakespeare... most of my fishing equipment is from them..

.. I figure they probalby started carrying Okuma because of you always being in there with your favorite shirt on... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[size 1].. I figure they probalby started carrying Okuma because of you always being in there with your favorite shirt on... [Smile]

MacFly [cool] [/size]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]
Now That was Funny!
[signature]
...knowing that I made my sis happy has made my day... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool] When Safeway starts carrying Okuma products now you know who the man will be! [Wink][/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
...lol.. Id say the same could be said for Ralphs and Albertsons and Kroger and all the rest.. [Smile] .. if TN2 ends up with that much influence then I am convinced he could solve all the worlds problems like .. global warming.. gang violence.. over population.. and the biggest one of all.. [#bf0000][size 3]when is Gore gonna lose weight and start practicing what he preaches..[/size][/#bf0000] [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][#005028][cool]What can I say to that statement - except -[/#005028][/center]
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30092;][/center]
[signature]
...somehow I just knew you would appreciate that comment.. I am generally politically neutral so what I stated, as ya'll know, is true.. just look at him on tv.. and the irony of his "cncern" for global warming issues is.. it all sounds good until you read/see reports on his Nashville home and how he does NOT practice what he preaches.. such as .. no soloar panels in use, drives large SUV type vehicles that burn gas like I do after having a big Mexican meat, rice and bean dinner.. [Tongue].. and several other things that he says we shoould all do to make the world a better place. .but he does not so.. personally..

... [font "Tempus Sans ITC"][red][size 3]I THINK HE IS STILL UPSET AT A BUNCH OF FLORIDIANS WHO COULD NOT READ AN COMPREHEND SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS AND/OR COULD NOT PUSH A PAPER DOT ALL THE WAY OFF OF A CARD.. [/size][/red][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][black][/black][/font]
[black]I mean come on ... talk about your sore losers and all. .[sly][/black]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Better be careful of what you say or DaveTClown will be all over you like a duck on a June bug.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
... I am not knocking all Floridians.. just the ones who cant read or have the strength to push a paper dot thru a paper card.. all the rest of them are okay by me.. [laugh]...

... seriously.. I dont think it was a big a deal as the news and Gore made it out to be.. some mistakes may of been made.. but Gore definately made a huge deal about it.. and that, in my opinion, shed a really crappy light on the people of that state.. and that was not fair to them ...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[#005028][cool]I remember when they had the little hand held hole puncher to use when selecting ones voting choice. Now in OC they use a lever devise to punch the holes. Can't wait until then let you vote at home using the computer. They will install all safety devises and sure enough some 15 year old will figure out how to cast 1,000,000 votes in a town that only has a voter count of 20,000.[Tongue][/#005028]
[signature]
...do you mean the the wire with the loop to hold on to and a piece of styrofoam to put the card on so it (the foam) would catch all the punch outs?? I loved those.. easy to use.. almost foolproof.. only bad thing was if the punchouts fell out or went thru the styrofoam.. made a mess on the floor that was all but impossible to see..

..now.. on line voting.. as soon as you said that I thought of some kid hacking in and creating havoc... LOL.. one of these days the people running the voting process will get it right ann it will be done the same way throughout all states..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#005028]Well the only problem with on line is that the illegals will claim that they can't afford a computer & will demand that they be supplied one as they cross the border. But seriously if on-line voting becomes a reality there would have to be other alternatives. Not everyone is computer savvy or cares to be. I have several older friends that call me regularly about various problems that they have been experiencing. [/#005028]
[signature]
...oaky...now this is getting realy scarey.. is there a full moon out or something like that.. I mean TN2 and I are starting to think alike.. and now you seem to of joined that club.. are you as scared as I am.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Oh my goodness beam me up Scotty! [Wink][/size][/green][/font][/center] [center][font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3][/size][/#008000][/font][/center] [center][font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3][/size][/#008000][/font][/center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30097;]
[signature]
I wouldn't feel degraded in that sense ever since I found the Vons in Bishop carries Shimano and Orvis. That particular Vons has more fishing stuff than the local tackle shop around here.[shocked]
[signature]