Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the fish are hitting
[size 2]the fish are hitting good right now so get on the ice.

the ice wont last but a week or two at best in the temperat zones.[/size]
[signature]
I guess that will be time for a kodak moment. Lots and lots of beautiful gills on a platter. I shouldn't be long before we get out gills coming out to play as well. I feel like breaking a state record this year.
[signature]
O.K. [Wink] , I'M OUTTA HERE !

SEE YA ' TONIGHT !
[signature]
well yesterday I got my limit of gills...[cool][Smile][cool]

today we had a high preasure front move in on top of us and stalled. the fish were slow at best. took 14 of us to make a limit for one man to take home....[pirate] the day was about 35 and sunny all day, talk about getting a suntan....[cool] I will post pics tomarow,

watch the weather, when this fromt moves out grab your rods and get out and hook um up...[Wink]
[signature]
here is a couple of pictures, may be the last Ice fishing pictures from me. my lake will be opening fast. and my plans are still to move south.

if I get out again in the next day or so I will post my results.
[signature]
I had forgot to mention that when reeling in the perch in the above pic a pike struck the perch in the belly and ripped the innards out.
[signature]
WE HAD FOG SET IN PRETTY THICK UP IN THE BAY AREA LAST NIGHT , YA' COULDN'T SEE FIVE FEET IN FRONT OF YOU !

PEOPLE ARE ALREADY PULLING THERE SHANTIES OFF THE ICE , SOME WHO DIDN'T SET THEM ON BLOCKS FIRST ARE IN FOR A BIG SURPRISE AS THEY ARE FROSEN IN .

TEMPS ARE GOING TO HIT THE 50'S BY THE WEEKEND , I'M GETTING IN AS MUCH SAFE ICE AS I CAN ,

MOST OF THE SMALL STATELAND LAKES ARE INEXCESSIBLE DUE TO THE HEAVY SNOWFALL , BUT I MIGHT HAVE A SHOT THIS WEEKEND WITH THE WARM TEMPS .

MY PIKE BAITS ARE LARGER THEN THE PERCH I'VE BEEN CATCHING , I'M BEGINING TO WONDER HOW THEY GET THE JIG IN THERE LITTLE MOUTHS , LOL ! 3" TO 4" TOPS !!!
[signature]
[reply]
I had forgot to mention that when reeling in the perch in the above pic a pike struck the perch in the belly and ripped the innards out. [/reply]
[pirate] OUCH!!! I hate when that happens. A few weeks ago I went out on a boat in the ocean. We did some good fishing and I ended up with 3 1/2 Halibuts that I caught. One of them was bitten in half on the way up. I wished that I would have had my camera that day. The bite marks measured out to be that of a 6' Thresher shark.
[signature]