Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport this morning
The dog decided to wake me up at 5 this morning so while drinking some coffee decided to go fish got to the lake at 730 very foggy and cold found plenty of small perch waded through a bunch of little ones but got enough decent ones for a fish sandwich tonight for dinner. Wind and rain drove me off about 1230 or so. Fish were in 40-50ft of water. There were a few trolling for trout and seemed to be doing well.
(11-18-2023, 10:55 PM)Bubman1 Wrote: The dog decided to wake me up at 5 this morning so while drinking some coffee decided to go fish got to the lake at 730 very foggy and cold found plenty of small perch waded through a bunch of little ones but got enough decent ones for a fish sandwich tonight for dinner. Wind and rain drove me off about 1230 or so. Fish were in 40-50ft of water. There were a few trolling for trout and seemed to be doing well.

Thanks for the report, sounds like you did really well before the rain came in. What colored jig worked the best for you?
Hit Rockport again yesterday caught a ton of dinks kept enough for dinner. Sure do like the new graph. I hope the bigger fish show back up for ice fishing.
(12-01-2023, 04:11 PM)Bubman1 Wrote: Hit Rockport again yesterday caught a ton of dinks kept enough for dinner. Sure do like the new graph. I hope the bigger fish show back up for ice fishing.

We know they are there, guess it's just a matter of the location. Were you fishing toward the dam or toward the inlet side of the ramp?
If those dink perch are at least 5-6 inches long, they are great eating. Clean em using the "clean a perch in 10 seconds " method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjTlFwQb7D0

Slickest way ever, after the arey cooked, grab the tail and lift, the meat falls right off!! Great for tacos, sandwiches, whatever!!
That's pretty slick I might give it a try . I tried both ends last time I went and got fish but the size stayed about the same