Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you ready?
What are you doing to prep for Gardening Season this year? 

Today, I'm starting some seeds indoors for later planting outside. 

All thru the winter we've been growing and harvesting from our hydroponic Lettuce Gro tower. We've had a few issues with some of the glow rings on it. The connectors have shorted out killing 2 glow rings at once. The company has been awesome at replacing those that have failed under warrantee. But once that warrantee has expired, we think they will not still replace them free of charge.  The issue has been - even though we've made sure the fully seat the connectors they are located in the center part of the tower - which is also where all the water runs. So, to prevent this down the road, we've come up with solution to save some money of replacing them but moving the lighting and its connectors to the outside away from the water. Hard to explain fully but at later time I'll include some pictures of the mod we've come with. 

Not sure why it kept happening with ours. We know folks who have been using theirs for many years and never had it happen with theirs. 

Still, we're happy with everything else about it and being able to grow all our salad and stir fry fixings all throughout the winter months. We'll keep it running year-round as it's nice to always have freshly picked produce at hand all the time - no bugs, no dirt and no pesticides.
My garden will likely be late this year but hopefully I'll get it in before the end of next month but it could be May this year with all the issues I'm having. The good news is everything is a little better every day, so fingers crossed.
Good luck getting your grow tower fully working again.
(03-30-2024, 03:20 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: My garden will likely be late this year but hopefully I'll get it in before the end of next month but it could be May this year with all the issues I'm having. The good news is everything is a little better every day, so fingers crossed.

I hope you get back on your feet in time to plow and sow

Sure enjoy seeing the photos  of both your gardens

Cookie and I are planning a major redo of our back fences along with new garden plots. Will see if ambitions match reality
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(03-30-2024, 04:42 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 03:20 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: My garden will likely be late this year but hopefully I'll get it in before the end of next month but it could be May this year with all the issues I'm having. The good news is everything is a little better every day, so fingers crossed.

I hope you get back on your feet in time to plow and sow

Sure enjoy seeing the photos  of both your gardens

Cookie and I are planning a major redo of our back fences along with new garden plots. Will see if ambitions match reality

Everything is progressing good at this point, so I won't be too far behind my normal schedule. Normally at this point I'd be getting ready to put manure in my garden beds, hopefully that will happen in the next two weeks but we will see. If I can get it in before the end of the month, I'll be doing better than I thought.
Good luck with your garden redo.
Started my first outside flower garden work this week, slowly weeding it, so I can get some seeds planted but I noticed these coming up.

[Image: first-flowers-of-the-season.jpg]

They always come up like that in the Spring and with the warming weather, I guess it was time.