Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Growing pains
I just visited with state park staff member at Hyrum, and we discussed the digital annual day use pass.  He said that while they can indeed plug in the license plate number to confirm, it is not clear into the future whether such will be the case owing to rules/regs regarding use of license plates etc.  He said that if you arrive and no one around, they prefer you fill out an envelope and indicate digital day use so that something is on dash.  Also, that if a person shows up with just digital pass they will provide a certificate for dash so that they see that once parked.  I confirmed with the main office and said that indeed discussions are going on regarding use of license plates, but that while for now parks are expected to check license plates if needed, following what was recommended at the park is recommended.  I will not be surprised if we see any ties to license plates disappear into the future.
To paraphrase a movie line: "We're gonna need a bigger dash."
I just purchased mine digitally. I was a bit worried about this. Ive already gone fishing with nothing to put in the dash yet. Thank you for talking to them and finding out where they are thinking. I don't want to have to deal with any issues.
I bought mine just about a month ago. For my trip to Starvie this week, I looked for that damn credit-card pass. Can't find it anywhere. Found the envelope it came in, but not the card. Must've put it someplace safe, huh?