Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a new spot
Hey boys, I'm new to BFT and thought I should say hi to everybody!

Anyways...I'm tired of fighting the croweds at the lakes and rivers, so I was wondering if anybody knew of a good spot to go that might require the ol' 4X4? I was thinking about heading up to Rocky Mt. Natl. but it still might be too early for open water. Anybody have any suggestions?
[signature]
Try fishing up in Wyoming, the crowds are small and the fishing is great!!
[signature]
That would be great, but I don't want to pay the out of state license fee. And I was hoping for something in this great state! Thanks anyway Liondross.[Smile]
[signature]
Welcome to the board Maverick-

I think we're probably still several weeks away from open water in those high lakes in the Park. Personally, I'm inclined this year to try some of the smaller lakes that don't get as much press and pressure - like Lonetree and Douglas. And there's another near Carter Lake that has tiger muskies, but I can't remember the name right now. Everything is just getting so crowded anymore. It bites.
[signature]
That one near Carter is called Pinewood. That is one of my favorite places to fish. It is neat because the lake isn't large but the tiger muskies are huge. If you go up there let me know; I'm always looking for more fishin' buddies.[cool]
[signature]
Pinewood is the name that I couldn't remember. I had never heard of it until a few days ago. Have you taken any tiger muskies there? What time of year? Do you cast for them or troll? What lures work?? (Nosey fellow, aren't I?[angelic]) I have only taken one tiger musky in my life (Quincy) but I think I'd like to start targeting them more. Thanks.

Don
[signature]
The tiger muskie has eluded me. I mostly fish for trout up at Pinewood. When I have seen people catch the giant fish they are trolling-with what I don't know. I've had a few bite my fin when I'm in my float tube-they let you know when they want your attention [Wink]. Not many people troll Pinewood because the boat dock isn't in great condition if you are trying to unload anything bigger than a canoe.

I just read a report from today (May 5th) that says the muskies are becoming more active and a few 30 inchers have been taken and released-and bigger fish have been seen.
[signature]