Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waders
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]So what is your preference in waders? I graduated from Red Ball hip waders to a Simms G3. Expensive - yes, but so is everything else about fly-fishing. Don't know if I will ever need to buy another pair. So far I have no complaints.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
G 3's will be my next choice if mine ever wear out (which I can see happening in the near future) I have the Orvis Pro Guides (like you couldn't guess that one[Wink]) But, I wear my breathable boot foot hippers during the summer in my kick boat, so the longevity of my chest waders is increased.
[signature]
i have been happy with cabelas neopream chest waders. i am on my 3rd pair in ten years.one of my buddy's goes through a set a year.being retired he fishes more than i work. lol .
[signature]
tomc, have you tried the breathables. So much more versitile and to me more comfortable. Not like putting on a rubber glove[cool]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]You have got that right FGD. In cold weather/water I wear polyester thermos and have yet to feel clammy.[/size][/green][/font] [/center]
[signature]
no i haven't.it will be something to look into at the end of this year,what brand do you suggest? being in the northeast,i do alot of ice braking,to get out to open water,will these hold up,and keep me fairly warm with longjohns
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Hi there tomc - that is the neat part of breathable waders. They won't build up sweat on your body just so long as you wear polyester thermos. I have two sets of undergarments. One set for temps from about 50º to 70º and another set for under 50º. Same goes for the socks. I don't wear any cotton material when wading for that would defeat the purpose of breathable waders. [/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Tomc, Like dryrod said, you are not suppose to wear cotton underneath. I wear the nylon second skins with fleece bibs in the winter and silk scrubs in the summer, Your feet and ankles might feel damp, but that is because of the neoprene booties. You can't skimp on breathables and I will say stay away from Hodgemens. Cabela's upper end and even Patagonia have some great breathables. Dryrod and myself did go for the highest priced in there company, but you don't have to. Look for features like built in Gravel guards, belt, front water proof pocket, and re-enforced knees and seat for longevity.
Fly Goddess
[signature]
I also have the Orvis Guide Pros. Love them- I see Patagonia has the light weight breathables right now for almost 1/2 off on their web site for the winter clearance sale.
[signature]
Dan Baily's Lightweights

Love em

Trent
[signature]