Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else having issues getting tackle?
I go through this every single week. I run out of larger sized hooks, braided steel leader, or something heavy I use either in saltwater or for large catfish. I can't find a tackle store in my local area that carries anything I need. I end up having to order the product I need or waiting until I get back to the beach to get the stuff. This is such a pain in the butt.

I'm still on the hunt for high quality tackle stores inland in SC, that carry the tackle that serious anglers require. Do any of my fellow anglers know of any good tackle stores that might carry saltwater tackle or just plain old larger sized tackle in or around the florence area?
[signature]
the place on pamplico highway doesnt carry it? i know they are a bass pro store so you can order there without paying shipping..i believe
[signature]
That store on Pamplico Hwy, Wholesale Tackle outlet, has a few things. They are limited as to what they stock based on what kind of bargain he can get on the product. He really doesn't stock very much.

Roger can get anything you want, but you have to wait until he gets enough of an order before he'll send it out. I've ordered things from him in the past and it's taken as long as a month to get the product. It's just not worth the wait to save a couple bucks on shipping.

On the bright side, I found a tackle store off of W. Palmetto (76) that stocks ocean stuff. It's called South's Finest Taxidermy and sporting goods; or something like that. They had alot of stuff, in stock, I was really surprised. Stop and check it out, you'll be surprised what all they have. They also had alot of hunting stuff too. Pretty cool store.[cool]
[signature]