Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first few outings
I'm very happy to say you were all right i finally got out to the pond in the back yard with my fly rod. first day was a bit agrivating, but a learning experience. The second day i got my casting all figured out and even caught a small blue gill. and today was out for five minutes caught 3 gills and donated my first fly to a tree. I am definatley happy to say i am hooked.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Right On! It will only get better from now on. Welcome aboard![/size][/black]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hi there gurthgul - congratulations on hooking up and getting hooked. Even pros like FGD hooks a tree fish every once in a while. LOL Do you have your own private pond? If so how cool is that.[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Congratulations on the fishing..and the getting hooked on this wonderful past time.. but.. Ill be the first one to say... now that you are hooked.. watch out on how the money flows out of your wallet.... [laugh]

but on a more serious side.. you are in the right place to get a lot of solid advice on almost anything fly fishing... Id recommend that you, like me, take advantage of it when ever you can... it is well worth your time and effort....

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there gurthgul what kind of fly(s) were you using?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I have a bit of a confession to make. after making the post I found myself out at the pond again lol. I was using a white foam spider and a brown wolly bugger. I was hoping to pick up a crappie or two but that didn't happen. the pond has a nice supply of black crappie, hybrid blue gills, large mouth, and very large channel cat.
[signature]
Good Lord where is this pond at... I gots to wet a line there.. sounds like a fun place to be......

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hey there macfly55 - pick me up on your way there. No one should have to fish in solitary.[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
When I find out where I will pick ya up.. but have a feeling we arent gonna find out that secret.. [laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Huntington Indiana about 50 feet out the back door [Tongue]
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]How sweet is that![/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
if only it could support shinook, steelhead, or walleye I'd never leave home.
[signature]
now that is a great set up.... your own fishing haven in your back yard....

MacFly [cool]
[signature]