Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
music
What kind of music do you all like listening to?

I like jazz, rock, classical, instrumental, easy listening, and pretty much anything that isn't country, pop, or opera.
[signature]
hi mountain man, well i guess from this statement on not likin country, i have to comment! haha i lived up on it grew with it and loved it. i was singin at 5 had our band when i was 16 went to many places singin and won some good awards and had my cahnce at nashville.but chose different. but it was my life. and in some nites my only dreams. we all have dreams.and choices. anywasy i need to say this to you. remember you cannot have new without the old. i grew up on tammy wynette, jim reeves sony james george jones charlie pride,and hank williams who is the god of country in my book. but look at hank williams and his son, the son does total different style than his father but he stil has that bar in there at times that reminds me of his father. in some little way.you like rock?? well if you can remember, elvis was doin country, couple of hank williams he wsrote, when elvis was young did them and elvis sang em and elvis was doin religious nad country when he sirst started. then went to his rock. so see everythin stems from somethin. but i will tell you what i don,t like and tht is this HARD ROCK the kids do not need this when they git on drugs, listen to it then end up with suicide on their head! there,s no respect no dignity all negative sex and prejudice ! is this good! NO WELL I JUST wanted to make the statement to define, people from all walks of life and when they came to this country brought their beliefs, their songs their lives and mde this country into today, good bad or indifferent or just different and some new is good andbad some old is too what i say is, it,s all in livin lovin and growin. i guess i respect it all except that hard rock haha sorry i got so defined hahathat makes the rivers run in the newl land haha mare
[signature]
Don Mclean, Jim Croce, who else do you need?
[signature]
I have to agree. There is a lot of trash out there. I do listen to some hard rock though, but you have to be very careful who and what you listen to. I guess it affects some more than others too. What's as bad or worse is rap. It promotes more drugs and sex in one line than a whole song of some of the rock I listen to. But like all things, both rock and rap were at one time very clean. I guess they just (d)evolved into what we have today. The other problem with rap is that it isn't harmonious. That's probably why jazz is my favorite. No words, lots of harmony, great rythm. What could be better?
[signature]
try out john hiatt - hes a great singer/songwriter . .

and no set is complete without the blues . .

sm
[signature]
music , i love it all ! i'm not just talking about the stuff we have here in the states , every kind of music there is !

well except for thoes old lady wanna be's with a synthiser , milk curdles at them too ! yuck !
[signature]
YES SIR BUD! THAT,S EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT! at one time they were clean. i don,t care for this new stuff, that does that, it,s not healthy for our kids. seems though they could find somethin to write about othere than that stuff. i do like the easy listenin stuff at times too. need to mellow out but when i have to do that i also grab the hound the lunch and the fishin pole haha later mare
[signature]
haha yes sa!! i think we,re gittin this goin now haha
[signature]
oh come on old bud, hahaha why not?? hahaha don,t ya love ol gramma?? haha you can always make sour cream hahahaha later mare
[signature]