Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle after work
Took one of my work buddies to catch his first bass, no pressure[crazy]. A little w&^* when we first got there at 4:30 but slowly died down. We didn't catch anything to brag about but we got into alot of bass. Temps were around 62, main lake. I was hoping for no boat traffic but there were some WSMF's out making waves, even in the no wake zone in rock cliff. When I pointed out the bouys he played dumb.
We came across a fisherman in a....boat? fishing for trout, he said it was slow today I think, I wasn't listening, more looking at his 3 brave dogs.
[inline "Jordanelle after work 0011.jpg"]
[inline "Jordanelle after work 0021.jpg"]
[inline "Jordanelle after work 0031.jpg"]
[signature]
LOL.... That's some funny stuff!

Was is some kind of home made contraption?
[signature]
That right there is a redneck bass boat. I just remember hearing that from the cable guy on TV with the same type of contraption.
[signature]
That is hilarious! Could you tell what it was made from?
[signature]
probably PVC and Pallets..hehehe
[signature]
Dang it man. I seen you at the ramp last night and didn't even realize it was you. We was in the 19 bowrider that has been converted to a bass boat! Ha! I took him a few times to Jordanelle a couple years ago in my nitro, then he decided he wanted to be a basser to. Ha!

I think you loaded up just after we did. We hooked lots of smallies and a couple of bows, but nothing was of any size. We used senkos and then threw cranks in assorted patterns. Fun times anyways.
Even after losing a bearing on the trailer on the way up at 6:15. We got it changed out and continued on. Not much time on the water, but worth it anyways. I wonder how many people would have just turned around and went home after breaking down like we did?

So what tactics did you use to hook your fishies?
[signature]
Kastmaster and I were up there too, last night. That guy in the floating contraption loaded up at the launch ramp while we were fishing nearby. It looked to be some sort of a surf board and the chair and cooler were bolted on to it. He actually paddled across the bay fairly quickly on the thing. Those dogs were just chillin and enjoying the ride. Quite a sight.

Fishing wise, we did about the same. A good number of small and medium bass, but no toads. I think I did see you guys there also from a distance. So what did your work buddy think about smallies?
[signature]
He was impressed how much they could fight and he actually caught more fish than I did. I threw my usual stuff, senkos etc. etc. but I made him my guiney? pig and he threw stuff that I've been meaning to try and he ended up doing better than me, which equaled another $50 trip to Sportsmans to stock up, I hate that place.
Next time I go out I'm going to fly the BFT flag. It would have been nice to meet you fishman.
[signature]