Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birch Creek and Pineview 6/16
I didn't get off of work until noon, so Hookjaw and I got a late start on yesterday's fishing. We arrived at Birch Creek to find the W was almost unbearable. We launched our water craft... tube for me, toon for Hookjaw. Within a few minutes Hookjaw had a few follows on his Rapala. I tried many things in the arsenal, but didn't manage a bite at Birch Creek. After about an hour, Hookjaw finally hooked into 13" tiger trout that fought like a 22" cutt. He had a few more on, but the was it for Birch Creek.

We four wheeled our way over the mountain, and decided to head for Pineview. We hadn't made beer battered perch and crappie fillets for a long time. On the way up, there were so many boats on Pineview, it looked flat out dangerous.

Arrived at Pineview and it still looked like there were way too many boats. We launched and found some submerged brush. I was using one of TubeDudes small roadrunners, and Hookjaw used a plain old jig head and a night crawler. We managed about 12 crappie, with a few very nice ones, 75 perch or so, most were released, and about 10-15 bluegill, a few decent ones. The roadrunner caught most of the crappie, but Hookjaw caught about 2 fish to my 1... silly perch.

By the time we left we had seen 2 boats get "pulled over" by the ranger boats. That was nice to see. Especially since one of them missed me by about 25' pulling a wakeboarder.

Great to get out and get some fish. Good company, and we got plenty of fillets for the fryer.

Hookjaw should be posting some pics of our catch. [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sorry Birch Creek was so stingy, but glad you found some "conditioned" fish in Pineview. I'm not sure I even want to chance Pineview midweek with all of the Willard "transplants" going there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Gonna be ready for a Starvation run anytime soon?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Heck ya... I need to catch me some walleye!

When ya goin? [cool]
[signature]
Nice report. Also nice to see some boaters gettin' some tickets for breaking the rules.
[signature]
Here's the pics.
[signature]
LOL.... Love the KISS picture of me!
[signature]
We spent the weekend at the view with kids tubing and swimming all day, it was very scary on the water this weekend my wife and I went for a ride together as soon as we stopped the boat, a wakeboarder went across our bow with no care in the world, Just so happened the fish cop came by and I stopped him and asked him to inform the other boat of the rules. He asked to me sign a statment and I said no and just asked him to advise the other boat of the rules of the water, its a KARMA thing with me I guess. and off he went (YES)....

We fished at night in the anderson cove area and caught small fish we only were using a worm and bobber it was fun.
[signature]