Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bi-Polar Worm
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#005000][size 3]Just saw an interesting fly on line that looks easy to tie.. but still being a newbie Id be doing a lot of guessing.. it almost looks like a san juan worm with a cone head some flashabou or maybe some dubbing behind the cone..

.. has anyone here ever tied that fly and if so do you have an easy to follow step by step reference that I could use to try to tie one or two up??

MacFly [cool]
[/size][/#005000][/font]

[signature]
[black][size 3]Can you upload a pic of the fly?[/size][/black]
[size 3]It sure would make it easier to identify and help with instructions.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
Here is a picture the [url "http://flydepot.com/flyfishing/popup_image.php?pID=817"]bi-polar worm[/url] from a fly web site..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Sounds to me like you have the general idea for tying that fly.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]It looks like the overall body of the fly is tied with a long synthetic fiber that has been sparsely dubbed and wraped from the back to front, over the chenille tail. It doesn't look hard to tie, I bet you get it first try.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I might suggest that you pick out the fibers after it's complete (like a leach).[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I'd be interested in seeing the fly when you finish it. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][cool][green][size 3]Hey there Macfly55 going bass hunting this Saturday? The Bi-polar worm looks simple enough. Click here for tying instructions. Good luck.[/size][/green][/green][green][size 3]
[/size][/green][/font][url "http://www.mwflytying.com/patterns/bi_polar.html"]http://www.mwflytying.com/patterns/bi_polar.html[/url]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Just looked at the net site you posted, and find it very interesting.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]They look like a bunch of flies that would be productive. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Probably a world of short strikes on trout with that long tail, but for bass they would be ideal.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]That midnight blue (purple) color would be a good choice for bass. They seen to have an affinity for that color.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
...lo.l.. not sure on the bass thing this weekend.. I dont have the material to try to tie it.. but Ill be honest and tell you that the main reason I ask it 1) the name caught my attention while looking at bass flies on a site that sells flies and 2).. it looked easy enough for me to try and see what I can do with it..

... thanks for the web site. .it definitely helps...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hi Macfly55 tomrrow I will be stopping by Bob Marriotts Fly Fishing store. They are the biggest one in SoCal. Let me know if you want me to pick up some goodies for you.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Here is their catalog web site:[/size][/green][/font]

[url "http://www.bobmarriottsflyfishingstore.com/"]http://www.bobmarriottsflyfishingstore.com/[/url]
[signature]
...Ill give that some thought and let you know.. thank you for the generous offer...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
To me it looks like the fly is just regular chenille for the tail and POLAR CHENILLE (really cool stuff, I have a bunch) for the body.
It is polarized long stranded chenille so it changes really cool colors.
I started tying my Gartside Softhackle with this on the hook first then ad the Marabout collar. Makes a great BAIT FISH immitation, by giving a little thicker body like on a real minnow. Playing with different colors is even more fun.
[signature]
..I told you in a pm that I had material coming in this weekend so I can try that worm.. like you said to me once.. dont be afraid to experiment.. lol.. so I think I ordered in at least one brighter color.. just a differnet color to use to see if it appeals to the fish... I am gonna try to see if I can put one or two of these worms together this weekend.. keeep your fingers crossed for me sis....[Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Those coluld work well for the LMB or Wipers. Just change the colors around to a "Watermelon" , "June Bug" and "Pumkinseed".

You can find the best interpretation for those colors on the Yamamoto site.

Or just go with a Forrest Green, or a Milk Chocolate Brown.[cool]
[signature]
...I have a dark color (green, brown, black) and a light colore (red I think) coming to me .. figure dark for dark waters.. lighter for clearer waters.. eheheh someone told me once that was a good way to select the color of flies or lures..

... see bro.. I do listen... may not seem like it at times.. but I do...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][cool][#005028]How about chartreuse, flaming orange, brown & purple.[/#005028][/center]
[signature]
...thanks DR.. I knew I had asked for dark and light.. now we know which ones.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]