Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
done gone and done it.. and
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#800000][size 3]it's ya'lls fault.. [Smile].. just did my first fly swap and that means I just tied my first flies.. as a result I went and ordered me a new [/size][/#800000][/font][url "http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0011287316244a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=tying+vise&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=tying+vise&noImage=0"][font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#800000][size 3]tying vise.[/size][/#800000][/font][/url][font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#800000][size 3]. guess I am hooked on this part of the sport too... new vise should be in in a few weeks.. Ill make sure and let ya'll how it goes..

MacFly [cool][/size][/#800000][/font]

[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#ff0000][size 3]p.s. a big thank you to scruffy fly for taking time to teach me some of the basics that helped me to participate in this fly swap.. [cool][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Sweet! Now we can have our own little fly swap thingy going on![Wink]

Whish Vise did you go with?
[signature]
[#800000][font "Tempus Sans ITC"][size 3]... I had a lot of fun with this fly swap.. and I am hoping to make up some more wb's and then the bi-polar thingys.. lol.. plus I was reading a bit on line and saw a few more Id like to try including the silver hilton that TD showed on a post yesterday.. [/size][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][size 3][/size][/font]
[/#800000][#800000][font "Tempus Sans ITC"][size 3]...based a lot on your recommendation and reading a lot on it plus asking others.. plus.. well you know how I am.. I went with the Griffin Odyssey Spider Vise.. just seemed to be the more versatile among other things.. I am anxious to get it and see what I can do with it.. according to Cabelas should arrive in about a week..

MacFly [cool]
[/size][/font]
[/#800000]
[signature]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#800000]MacFly [cool][/#800000][/font][size 1]

[/size][font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#ff0000][size 3]p.s. a big thank you to scruffy fly for taking time to teach me some of the basics that helped me to participate in this fly swap.. [/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#ff0000][size 3]-------------- [/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[black][size 3]You are certainly welcome. Thank you for the wet ones. If you think you would like to learn more let me know.[/size][/black]
[signature]
[#800000][font "Tempus Sans ITC"][size 3].... we all know that a cold beer and fly tying go together like two peas in a pod.. but to be honest the few beers we had were not enough to pay for the cost of your time and expertise.. just means each time I come over Ill have to bring more cerveza.. may not ever catch up on cost vs payment but it will be a lot of fun trying..

.. oh.. and in the future I am 100 % sure I will have more questions or need to learn a new technique and Ill be sure to let you know so we can set up another afternoon of tying..

btw.. did you ever look into the San Diego Fly Fishing club?? I know they have meetings etc and every so often get together to tie up some flies..

MacFly [cool]
[/size][/font]
[/#800000]
[signature]
I was going to go to the Golden State Fly Fisher's meeting last night but then blew it off at the last minute. Gary Borger was going to talk about fishing Alaska. But fishing Alaska is so far of the radar for me right now that I decided not to go.

I did go to the San Diego Fly Fishers meeting a week or so ago.
[signature]
Hey Scruffy. Let me know if you would like to fish some Salt some time. Perhaps we can teach Mac how to do some of the patterns that I make and he could mass produce them for us on his new vise.

Then we just need to get him into a tube. (That one is coming soon).[cool]
[signature]
...so I get to make the flies that you two will use on MY new vise.. and payment is floating in a tube with sharks underneath me.. does anyone else see something wrong with this picture??? [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I don't see anything wrong that picture.

It is good to have shark attractant when you are fishing in the ocean so that they are not hanging around me.

I like the way TubeN2 is thinking.

Works for me especially when MacFly is buying the beer too.
[signature]
[center][cool][#005028]Hey Mac I'd watch my backside if I were you. LOL[Wink][/#005028]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30223;][/center]
[signature]
I am just finding a creative way to have fun on this thread, keeping the subject of your new vice in tact and helping you get some practice on the vice so that Scruffy and I could have a good time.

I do have a float tube that you could use for this event. I guess after what Scruffy said, I won't be needing it any more.[shocked]

[cool][cool][cool]
[signature]
oh now I gotta bring the beer as well..

gggeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeee whats next?? [sly]

... I know I can use the practice.. and I dont mind the beer part.. and I dont swim that well so I could still use that tube.. but Im thinking it would still be better to start in fresh and then work my way up to the sharks.. uhhmm I mean the saltwater.. [sly]

.. I also appreciate your keeping the thread alive ... and what better way to take shots at the newbie???? [shocked][sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][#005028][cool]Me too![Wink][/#005028][/center]
[signature]
[sly]... it's all in fun as we all know.. and that is one of the best parts of this site...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]