Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to fix a hole in your portable.
heres how to fix a hole in your portable

get a can of 3M 77 Multipurpose Adhesive and some canvas and i'll tell you the easy way to get it done with out any mess..

spray a 4"area around the hole on the out side of you house with the 3M glue and then the patch let them both get tacky for about
15-20 sec. then apply the two togher and rub them till they stick togher and let cure over nite if you have ice if not leave the house up for a day or two and let it fully cure out..

******NOTE*****

you will also need a pair of latex gloves to keep the glue off your hands..
[signature]
what is the minumum tempriture needed to have the product cure properly?
[signature]
Funny the can does not say dave .. [Tongue]
[signature]
I have an old pup tent that had a patch kit, if I remember it came with the 3m tube of goop that you applied to both sides. I seem to remember that you have to keep it away from flame and it had a minumum temp..

Nylon tent
30 years old
hasnt been out of its bag in 25 years...

maybe I should take it out to see if it has moth holes and get in some patch pratice [Tongue]
[signature]
I got a nice hole burned above the door of my Frabill portable last year from my Mr. Heater, first day out on the ice. Im going to try that but do you have any idea where to get replacement tarps? I checked the Frabill website but could not find any such thing.
[signature]
I would turn it upside down and inside out to find a manufactures lable...

chances it was made in china, in wich case your screwed... but that dosnt mean you can make a new one. Its a bit late in the season for starting this project be better now than in feb...

you may try a lightweight ripstop canvas and a can of camp dry..... You will need to find some one who can do a little sewing...

-- [url "http://www.armysurplusworld.com/display.asp?categoryID=42"][#003a78]Canvas[/#003a78][/url]
-- [url "http://www.armysurplusworld.com/display.asp?categoryID=41"][#003a78]Plastic/Nylon Tarps[/#003a78][/url]
[signature]
Logan ,
I'd try this then
You can reach Frabill any number of ways: By Phone :
You can call Frabill 8AM - 4:30PM CST:
1-800-558-1005 [center] [/center] By E-Mail :
Send all e-mails to:
[url "mailtoConfusedervice@frabill.com"]service@frabill.com[/url]
You can find this link at the top and bottom of every page on this site.
By Mail :
Frabill, Inc.
P.O. Box 49
Jackson WI 53037
Need to Ship an item? Our street address is:
N173 W21121 Northwest Passage
[signature]
wow, I missed that link, I must be in lack of ice fishing denial...[angelic]

thanks, that info increases my faith in the Frabill products... [cool]

all to often today if and when you brake it you need a new one dosnt matter what it is.....

I think those links on the top and bottom of the page rotates....
[signature]