Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets go to Flaming Gorge
Lets go to Flaming Gorge, catch some Macks and then float the Green for Rainbows and Browns. I did this a few years ago and had an 88 fish day on the Green. The Gorge was great for nightime Smallmouth but tough for the Macks. Saw them on the finder but.....

[#800000]Hope you don't mind that I started a new thread.[/#800000]
[signature]
road trip or fly/drive trip? [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Now you are talking. When? BTW I don't have any chains + it is still a bit cold up there.[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Oh yea - so what kind of flies will MacFly have to tie for us and how many? Thanks for volunteering MacFly. LOL[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]One of our club members caught this brown last April on the Green. As they always say "Nice looking fish".
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=33303;][/center]
[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
...now ya'll know I am the one who does not catch fish.. I just go along for the ride (in the tube) ....[Smile]...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Now you know why they call me Dryrod. Don't go there TubeN2.[Wink][/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
..not gonna touch that one with a ten foot fishing rod...... [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I won't go there "Mr. Dryrod" to me.

I wouldn't touch that with my 13' 6" spey rod neither.[laugh]
[signature]
The Gorge sounds good. I haven't been there for some time now.

If we do hit the Green, we will need to have some longer floating rigs than what we are using here.[cool]
[signature]
...newbie question here.. but what do you mean by longer floating rigs ????

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Most rivers require to have at least a 9' Pontoon, Raft, Canoe etc..... That's what I mean by longer floating Rig.

We will be alright for the Gorge though.[cool]
[signature]
Just bypass utah and hit I-DA-HO Better fishin and U know it. Better company also.
[signature]
...how long are the pontoons of that new craft of yours??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Mine is 8feet. That makes it 1 foot too short.[crazy]

Time to ask for a bigger one![cool]
[signature]
That is a dam good idea. I still have some of my favorite spots up there too.[cool]
[signature]
...lol...boys and their toys.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I have experience being a Spud Nut and a U Tard. Hell.....once we get up there I can show you some of the spots at JH or we can bounce over to CO and hit the little river there.[cool]
[signature]
..anything where we have a good chance of catching fish sounds good to me.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]When you said JH you can't mean Jackson Hole unless you forgot WY. Since JH is 1000 miles from SoCal where is your JH?[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]