Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crappie
went to a friends house Saturday on the lake and caught 3 slab crappie, using minnows, fishing 4-5 ft. deep.
We set out yo-yo's around the pier. We caught a 2 lb. blue catfish and a 4 lb. bass that had a shad caught in its throat. We put the bass in a holding tank to see if it would swallow the shad. It didn't, my friends pulled the shad out piece by piece and finally got it out.
We placed the bass back in the holding tank to make sure she was ok. She swam around in the tank for about an hour and then we let her go. She was full of eggs.
[signature]
good deal, I picked up 30 crappie last week in about a foot and a half of water though a hole in the ice... "usin minnow and wax worms"
[signature]
I can only wish for 30 Crappie, but not through a hole in the Ice.

I went saturday. Some guys had 1 or maybe three Crappie and only a couple had some small Cats.
I got one Striped Bass on a White Curly tail Jig.

It was the first time out since way last winter. (Drought, no water) It Felt good to catch a fish. Therapy, you know!
[signature]
Dave I got into a mess of slabs myself the other day, just about 18 inches deep. But no ice here, it was pushing 80 [Wink]
[signature]
[cool] We went to the lake Friday and caught 9 slabs. The smallest weighed 1lb., 7 weighed 1lb 9oz, and 1 weighed 2lbs 1oz. some were close to the bank and some were still a little deeper. We have had some cool nights and has slowed some of the females from moving in to spawn.
Saturday we went back and only caught 5. The wind was bad and it was raining off and on most of the day. We trolled around some and I caught a gasper goo(in carp family) on a 1/16 oz jig and 6 pound test. It weighed about 6 pounds. I thought that I had a big bass.hehe.
[signature]
still ice on the lakes here, nothing you would want to walk on.

it will be a few weeks before we get in to the spring crappie action...
[signature]
its 50 here today, I saw my neighbor pull his boat out yesterday, I dont know what for, the lakes are still covered with ice...[laugh]
[signature]
[cool] There are severe thunderstorm warnings here today, @7:00 am it was 67°F. We are going back to the lake tomorrow, supposed to be sunny, hi of 70°F.
hoping to catch some more slabs.
[signature]
[Image: fish-on.gif] You just can't believe those weather people!! Went back to the lake, wind blowing, cold, miserable. My friend caught the only crappie. I caught 4 or 5 bar fish. My aunt caught a couple of bar fish and a small bass. Then the motor wouldn't crank. Had to troll back to the landing and use the trolling motor to put the boat back on the trailer. Talk about a bad day. Well, it was still better than sitting at home.
Got the boat motor fixed tho, a hose had come loose.
[signature]
aint no escaping them kind of days, got my share of them last year... hope to avoid them this year [crazy]...
[signature]
The common name crappie efers to either of the Pomoxis species, both of which are extremely popular gamefish .
Both species of crappie as adults feed predominantly on smaller species, including the young of their own predators.
They have diverse diets, however, including zooplankton [url "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zooplankton"][/url], insects, and crustaceans.
=========================================
Peter
Our mission is to provide high quality end to end solutions to the BPO segment in a manner that will improve the operational efficiency while reducing the cost of the services to the client.
[url "http://4thdimension1@gmail.com"]4thdimension1@gmail.com[/url]
[signature]