Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATES: 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!!
What are the prizes like for the kids? I'd also like to donate somthing for them....maybe a rod and reel combo or beginners tackle box??

FF462[cool]
[signature]
Great!!!
[signature]
[reply]
What are the prizes like for the kids? I'd also like to donate somthing for them....maybe a rod and reel combo or beginners tackle box??

FF462[cool] [/reply]
Not really any speciffics have been mentioned. Your idea is great. So far, about 20 kids will be there.
[signature]
Well in that case I will bring the "loaded tackle" box with a few upgrades..[Wink] For the grand prize..[Smile]

FF462
[signature]
Perfect timing!!! My Birthday is on April 12 and there ain't no betta way to spend it. I sent you a pm on what I can provide
[signature]
You can plan on three of us. I'll bring potato salad, baked beans and some kind of cookies. We will probably put in at Provo Harbor and then come over to Lincoln beach for the party by 3;00. We have never caught cat fish on Utah Lake so any suggestions of where to go and what to use would be helpful..We usually catch catfish out of the Jordan River. Looking forward to the Party.
[signature]
[size 1]For those that are bringing items indicated, please shoot me a PM to verify if you haven't already.
It is looking good[cool]!! There are about 66 confirmed between the 2 post. I need everyone that have not confirmed to refer to the sticky post at the top of the forum. Of the 66 confirmed, there are 46 adults and 19 kids. Reply to the sticky at the top of the forum. (Thanks) this will be very helpful.

Here is what we have so far for necessities...

Troutlover.... Hot dogs and hot dog buns
Troll............ Prizes for kids and condiments
FishFinder462... Eating utensils
Vivid-Dawn...... Drinks
Heartbeat....... Will cook/ Bringing Stove and grill
Narient.......... Plates and cups
Firemountain.... Prizes/ Cook/ Contribute to pavillion
Ocean............ Hot dogs/buns/ port. grill & heater [/size]
[size 1]Geezer........... Garbage Bags and Paper Towels, Deep fryer, and cooking oil[/size]
[size 1]Aceman..........[/size] Paper towels, napkins, alum. foil
[size 1]MGB & RAK...... Chips and cookies [/size]
[size 1]Sewfish.......... Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Cookies[/size]
[size 1]

If I am missing something, please let me know. Reply to the sticky post at the top. Here is what we still need.....

Hamburgers/ Hamburger Buns
Cheese
Ice
RSVP's (laughing... we need more)
Fish to cook
Baggies
Side items( Potato Salad, Chips, Cookies, BBQ Beans, etc)

And whatever I may be missing.

I will volunteer cleaning any Catfish caught the day of the BBQ (gathering) Just bring your baggies for the fillets.

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!!!! [/size]
[signature]
As I gazed out at the boat this morning I thought, " So, I should dewinterize the boat this weekend if I plan to take it to Ut Lake on the 12th.
Then I thought i should probably sweep the snow off of it, that would be a start".

Do you think the kitties will be awake by then?
[signature]
I plan to ring my deep fryer stove, dutch oven & oil to fry up the fillets too.
[signature]
Well, I kinda blew it. What I wanted to say was that TubeDude thinks they'll be waking up & if 'at ol boy sez so, I'm takin' it to the bank.
[signature]
Count me in. Unfortunatly it looks like just one. Me. I can bring some chips.
[signature]
I'm lookin forward to something bigger than the steady diet of perch all winter. Something over 1lb would be nice, and not through an 8" hole.

As far as fish to cook they are scarce around these parts between when the ice gets 18" thick and last frost. But if we are able to locate any, get it out to each other on channel 5 as to what is working and what the water is like we should have a few to contribute to frying.

Are these an early day fish, or do they like the water to warm a little before they get active? What baits are worth packing? I always will have crawlers, and I guess Carp are supposed to be easy easy to catch, I could cut one of them up, what else, Commercial Stink baits? I've never had any luck with any frozen minnows or bait I've bought.
[signature]
Try chubs they always work for me also red shiners the cats and eyes love them.
[signature]
need to post how many people are coming etc when the tally is in and you need to specify a date for the close of it, so that we have enough food etc for all the people, your the only one who knows how many are coming due to PM's.
[signature]
Current 10 day(so not completely accurate due to time out) forecast is low 39 high 60 mostly sunny, with a 7 MPH wind from the south south west and 0% chance of rain. so should be a great day to fish [cool]
[signature]
[reply]
Current 10 day(so not completely accurate due to time out) forecast is low 39 high 60 mostly sunny, with a 7 MPH wind from the south south west and 0% chance of rain. so should be a great day to fish [cool] [/reply]
Thank you sir!!
[signature]
I'll bring a cooler.
[signature]
My wife an I are headed to Florida on Friday so were not going to make it, I do have a double cooker unit, propane and foldimg tables stuff to loan if you need them let me know and I'll arrange getting them someone.

Sorry were missing it, I'm sure it will be a blast.

4boats
[signature]
[size 1]We are almost there, and the "WEATHER" looks like it will cooperate to the mid to upper 60's. Thats AWESOME!!!!
Anywho, we are standing right at 80 to be at the CATFEST.

IF YOU ARE BRINGING A COOLER, TRY TO BRING SOME ICE IF YOU CAN. SOME ARE BRINGING ICE, BUT NOT MUCH THAT WAS CONFIRMED.

If I am missing something, please let me know. Reply to the sticky post at the top. [/size]
[size 1]Here is what we still need.....

Ice
Fish to cook
Baggies (bring your own for fish that you will be taking home)

I will volunteer cleaning any Catfish caught the day of the BBQ (gathering) Just bring your baggies for the fillets.

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!!!! [/size]
[signature]
[reply]
[size 1]We are almost there, and the "WEATHER" looks like it will cooperate to the mid to upper 60's. Thats AWESOME!!!!
Anywho, we are standing right at 80 to be at the CATFEST.

IF YOU ARE BRINGING A COOLER, TRY TO BRING SOME ICE IF YOU CAN. SOME ARE BRINGING ICE, BUT NOT MUCH THAT WAS CONFIRMED.

If I am missing something, please let me know. Reply to the sticky post at the top. [/size]
[size 1]Here is what we still need.....

Ice
Fish to cook
Baggies (bring your own for fish that you will be taking home)

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!!!! [/size] [/reply]

[size 1]Here is what we have so far for necessities...

Troutlover.... Hot dogs and hot dog buns
Troll............ Prizes for kids and condiments
FishFinder462... Eating utensils
Vivid-Dawn...... Drinks
Heartbeat....... Will cook/ Bringing Stove and grill
Narient.......... Plates and cups
Firemountain.... Prizes/ Cook/ Contribute to pavillion
Ocean............ Hot dogs/buns/ port. grill & heater
Geezer........... Garbage Bags and Paper Towels, Deep fryer, and cooking oil
Aceman.......... Paper towels, napkins, alum. foil
MGB & RAK...... Chips and cookies
Sewfish.......... Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Cookies, Hamburgers[/size]
[size 1]TLSpyder13..... Chips
LADrew........... Fish [/size]
[size 1]Bassrods........ IS GONNA BE THE CAMERA MAN
TUBEDUDE...... Cooking/ Deep fryer [/size]
[size 1]RF................. Hamburger Buns[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]ICE, ICE ICE, if you have a cooler, try to bring some ice.

[/size]
[signature]