Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spring crappie
OK, we're gettin close. Anybody got any idea on where the crappie are at Lake Enid, MS now. I know that south of Jackson, MS they are catching nice males in knee deep water. Females still in 5-8'. Ideas ????
[signature]
Brother in law says it is not on yet. He and his brother and cousin went to [black]Grenada Lake to try their luck, it wasn't any good too. Sis says about another week or two...[/black]
[signature]
Thanks for the reply. This week the temp in Enid, Ms., is supposed to be about 70-74 till Friday. Then there is a slight chance for showers, but still about 70. Thought the warmer weather (especially at night) might get them turned on a little. Monday, the Corp said they will keep the lake level at about 240.5. With them not raising/lowering water, it might clear up the murky water and let them settle down and get started??? Think we'll give it a go Friday, Sat. and Sun. If you'd like, I'll give you little report Monday. Regardless, we'll be goin back Apr 5-6, 12-13. Surely by then we'll hit them. Tried a new idea last year that seemed to work. Some guys use the spray-on scents, but last year I took some dead minnows from the bucket, cut them in thirds, smashed them up a bit, and put them in a can of lake water. I dousched my jig in that mix and immediately began catching more fish quicker. Try it and get back to me if it works for you. Can't hurt!!??!! Good luck, good fishin' and stay safe.
[signature]
dunno about fishing up north, but here in Fresno, CA...not much action from crappies..went out 4 times with only 8-12 fishes per person. Its late this year. Last year it was at full swing on Feb 10th. I remembered because it was my sisters B-day. We were getting limit withing 30 min. of fishing....but those were the days..hope it gets better within a couple of weeks.
[signature]
Hopefully the 82 Deg. temp for several days will get them going. I'll know more Sunday night.[Wink] Lake Enid, Ms. is a Corp wateshed shallow lake, and if the wind gets up the lake can get murky quick, but wth the current water levels there should be "some" action in the ditches and creeks that feed into it. If not, I'll find the channel and see if I can find where they are stcked up. The fishing will be great, hope the catching is as good.[Tongue]
[signature]
Wondering if you know where to put a boat in (18' fiberglass) to fish Wildcat Brake in Enid.
Interesting enough, they are hitting really well up in Eastern Pennsylvania . I got about 5 in my last trip, they were decent sized too. Caught them on Orange & Brown Hellgramites with a 1/32oz White Jighead
[signature]
I'm in NEPA too. I have been crushing crappie the last few days. Getting them on topwater. I was using a white popper today.They seem to like white. I have posted some pics in another post here.
[signature]