Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2WT ROD
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool] Have made some purchases from this company in the past - however, they are now making fly rods which peeked my interest:[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Pristina"][size 4][green]Generation 1.2 RX7 Fly Rod - 2 piece - 6'6" - 2 wt.
by: J. Stockard @ $159.00. Purchasing a rod sight unseen & untested makes it rather difficult to make an sound buying decision.
[/green][/size][/font]
[font "Pristina"][#008000][size 4]I have purchased a number of products on-line and most often I know what I am getting. Has anyone ever purchased a rod on-line not having seen or tested it else where? [/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 4]Just blanks and in that case all the time. But Riverdog bought mine and I just sold the Tea Stick to a gentleman back east.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 4]A reputable seller is really important. I go above and beyond in that I insure well over value just in case.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]Other purchases I have made sight unseen, I am familiar with what I am getting, like my 2 wt. I know what the Sage LL felt like and knew I wanted that.[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]It is scary, but most companies have a try it clause.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Thanks FGD. While I really liked the Trout Bum it doesn't make good sense to spend $475 [+ a good reel]on a rod that I might use just a few times a year. Oh well I am in no hurry. Have to think about trying to catch that carp if he is still hanging around. Will use my old 6wt Fenwick rod. Still performs pretty well.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
The 475 doesn't sound too bad. If you wanted to make a good combo out of it you could pair it up with a nice Van Staal reel for another 600. That makes a nice combo.[cool]
[signature]
Ouch! even for me, now a Vom Hoffe! This is the most expensive reel I use, plus a couple of spools. This thing is feather light.
http://www.iflyshop.com/Tibor-Spring-Cre...-Reel.HTML
[signature]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]I guess if I could buy all my gear for below wholesale and write the remainder off as a business expense on my income tax - then hey why not. [It is kind of hard for me to type with an accent] LOL[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
fenwick..ist that a company that produces bowling products???[sly]

MacFly [Image: fish-on.gif]
[signature]
I likes my 65.00 reel.. lol.. but then I am cheap... [Wink]

[signature]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]You could have bowled me over with that statement. LOL. While Fenwick makes a lot of different rods, I believe that they are on the low end of the price range. The one I bought 18 yrs ago cost about $100. The Eagle series is still rather inexpensive at $99 -.Obiviously they haven't raised their prices in all these years.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Since it’s founding in 1952, Fenwick has been the leader in fishing rod technology. From the pioneering development of fiberglass rods in the 50s, the introduction of the world’s first graphite rod in 1973, to the Aramid Veil and Carbon Veil technologies, and today, the newest technologies in the industry found in the new Fenwick® ELITE TECH rods. Fenwick continues to raise the bar for rod builders around the world, and leads the way in building world class rods for discerning anglers. [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Well so much for Fenwick. Aren't you sorry that you asked?[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
yep...but it was a good history lesson.. [Smile]

[signature]
Fenwicks are a must in a Glass rod quiver. You can still find them in Pawn shops, but I haven't seen one under $75. That little 5'3" 4/5 I have is a Fenwick.
[signature]
quiver.. are you starting to talk about arrows now.. first it was bowling lanes and now arrows in a quiver??? [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
LMAO[laugh][laugh]
[signature]
it always makes my day when I can make my sis do a LMAO.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]For someone that has to watch their dollars so that their spouse can do Nordstroms, then the purchase of a Fenwick rod is economically a good decision. Here is a pix of their GT 7½' 4wt rod for only $81.85. The reason why a choose the Fenwick rod as my first swatter was price. I didn't know whether or not if I would like fly fishing. After all this time the rod is still pretty sound. [Image: fish-on.gif][/size][/green][/font] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=34698;][/center]
[signature]
I agree on the price thing. thats why I got the shakespeare 20.00 special at walmart as my first fly rod... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Hey FG/anyone else

Do you have an opinion on a St. Croix fly rod?

Signed "he who is soon to have his screen name changed"

SFCMDO (guess what it will be)
[signature]
[cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Hey there SFCMDO I have a 9' 4wt St. Croix rod. It wasn't very expensive but it performs quite satisfactorily. Actually my Fly Shop had it on sale for I assume that the model was being discontinued. But hey the fish don't have to know all the details. St Croix make a very good product as do all the major manufacturers. If you are thinking of purchasing one, ask your fly shop if you can test it out. Most places have demos rods so that you can get the feel of what you are buying.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 4]Big TUMBS UP to St Croix. I was in the market for a 10' 5wt and I was all set to get the St Croix. But then I threw the TFO Pro and it was a little slower action that suited me better, plus a friend sold the TFO so I patronized his shop. But I think St. Croix is one that puts the inexpensive in a medium field package deal. In other words YES I LIKE THEM[cool][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
st croix, tfo, and bass pro white river combos were all on my list when I decided to upgrade from my shakespeare.. I was lucky enough that mi esposa was in a good mood and let me buy the sage launch .. and also lucky enough to have a great sis who put me onto a great deal on a great reel...

MacFly [Smile]
[signature]