Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best time of the day for panfish??
Just wondering when do you" Panfishers " have the most success?? I find early sunrise just as the sun has barely past the horizon the best time for bluegills and other sunfish.
[signature]
I catch them all day long at Round Lake here in SW Washington. I start in the am and all the north side of the lake is in the shadows of the trees and by the time I get to the dam at the east end and have a sandwich on shore and stretch my legs the sun is such that there is a fair amount of shodows on the south shore and I just continue around catching the little buggers. So long as I stay in the shadows I catch them.

Maybe I should try to get out there in the EARLY am and I would find a difference...lol
[signature]
I have noticed that the Crappie will bite almost any time of day and good parts of the night.

On the other hand, the Blue Gill, Sunfish, Shell Crackers and so on, will bite better in the early morning hours of daylight.[cool]
[signature]
Hi - the kids and I fish for panfish regularly in NH, and I have to say that they bite most of the day. Bluegill do tend to prefer a more shady spot, but pumpkinseed love the brightlight. Guess that's why they call them sun fish.

Landed a 10" bluegill last weekend on a fly rod in bright sunlight. Got him on a top water gurgler - fishing for bass! So that blows me shade theory I guess.
[signature]
I find that evening is the best. The fish are higher in the water and the bugs are out.
Tight Lines
John
[signature]
Whenever you can go...
[signature]