Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cap Spider
[size 4]
[size 4]
[size 4]If there is a fly that is better than the Rubber Spider for catching bluegill or red devils..... it's a sinking rubber spider. Since red devil don't take a surface lure, I figured I would try the Cap Spider.
[/size]
[size 4]Clay and I were testing my new creations today and the results were great.
[/size]
[size 4]The Cap Spider I was using was tied on a 1/64 oz. jig head. I tried different color bodies and legs... most everything worked.[/size]

[size 4]The RD were deep because of the rise in water level so the heavy flys worked well. I've since tied some with a bead head, or no weight at all for a really slow sink rate. Works just fine.[/size]

[size 4]Look at the hump on this 1 pound male.... one of the largest I've ever seen.[/size]

[size 4]That's not all they catch. How about this 2 pound catfish?[/size]

[size 4]And there is that little fly, right in the corner of it's mouth.[/size]
[size 4][/size]
[size 4]Aloha,[/size]
[size 4]Stan[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[signature]
[fishin]What a cool looking fish.I have never seen a fish that orange. Nice catfish too. I think that the lures that you made are pretty cool too. keep up the good work!
[signature]
wow nice looking fish! ive never seen fish like that...well without it being in a taank o and people always dump goldfish in the pond somewhat close to my house that grow to massive sizes![Smile]
[signature]