Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
local scouting trip
I and my son Bill got the all too rare chance to get on the water and check out some lakes we hadn't fished.
These lakes are a long float tube drag to get to. We were rewarded with a good bite on the Red Ear and a few Crappie and bluegill also. I also caught a cat that might go 5 or so lbs. on my cattin rod. It is a BPS Micro Lite ,7 1/2 ft. Ultralight. lol
It was a day to be there. lol Illinoisgiller

[inline "Snake Den Hollow day trip 025 [Desktop Resolution].JPG"][inline "Snake Den Hollow day trip 023 [Desktop Resolution].JPG"][inline "Snake Den Hollow day trip 019 [Desktop Resolution].JPG"][inline "Snake Den Hollow day trip 017 [Desktop Resolution].JPG"][inline "Snake Den Hollow day trip 014 [Desktop Resolution].JPG"][inline "Snake Den Hollow day trip 009 [Desktop Resolution].JPG"][inline "Snake Den Hollow day trip 001 [Desktop Resolution].JPG"]
[signature]
your making me hungry for a mess of gills..gotto go get me some..nice pics..
[signature]
Heard about Snake Den Hollow from another float tuber. I always wanna try those lakes which is the same as Maziona strip mines that I go to.
What other fish did u catch there? First time being there? Those gills are good size!
It would take me three hours to drive or 147 miles from my place.
[signature]
Looks like a great day, wish we had gill ponds like that.
[signature]
there is a story on a muskie caught where you were fishing at Snakeden Hollow

-- [#0000bf]''''Chad Jordan of Elmwood caught and released a 47-inch muskie last weekend at McMaster Lake at Snakeden Hollow.''''[/#0000bf]
[signature]
Good for Chad! Someone may as well catch them as long as they are there.
I need to do more research ,but I don't think that Tigre Muskys belong in out lakes.
We go to great lengths to keep all but native plants out of our waters, then INVENT some fish to BUY and polute our waters.
They are there because the musky fishermen spend big to do what they do, and have the political clout to pull it off.
Why not fill our cooling lakes with Pahrana? (sp?)I'm told they eat well, and they do not belong there.
Please understand that these are mine and many others opinions and not necessarily the opinion of huge bait manufacturers . ole giller
[signature]
I put your pics inline so you don't have to open them to see them. Great pics too![cool]
[signature]
i didnt see the words tiger muskey any were in that last post..only muskie ..oh well..
[signature]
Lurtch, You are correct. My appoligies for bringing it up. I can find nothing that shows Muskies were ever found in our waters beyond the Missisippi River.
I'll refrain from bringing up the management or lack of it for our Illinois waters on this forum.
ole giller
[signature]
you have every right to worry about the management of your watters..tiger muskey is a hybred..produced by man and musky is an acctual member of the pike family..se the point..ive heard that the muskey dont produce very well in your warmer watters..they dont do well in southerm mi..either..there probly not your biggest threat.. dont worry i like big gills as much as you..i worry more about the big pike plants there trying..but they do clean up the little ones
[signature]