Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Lake - by Lake Tahoe
Looks like this weekend we're fishing on the tubes at a privately owned Incline lake next to Lake Tahoe (picture featured below on the right). Heard that the fish where just stocked and are bighting on anything and everything. It's apprently stocked with brookies and rainbow trout.

I'll send more info after the weekend.

[Image: image002.jpg]
[signature]
take me with you! wow that looks beautiful! Have fun!

sm
[signature]
[Image: lake2.jpg]30 minutes from the valley and a 25 degree noticeable difference in the wind chill. Apparently the snow had just melted and they had just opened the road 2 days prior to our arrival.

Rainbow's ranged from 14 - 21+ inches and boy did they give us a good fight. The brookies had a lot of spunk too, however they where smaller than any of the rainbows.

Prize Flies: Bead Head Prince
[signature]
Great Pictures of Lake Tahoe and Incline Lake. I would love to one day go to this area and fish. I am looking for a great picture from Crittendon Reservoir. Do you know anyone that I might have a picture from there of that lake so I can use it for the NDOW report. Thanks
[signature]
wow looks like you had a great time! thanks for the report!

sm
[signature]
[cool]Congrats on a great trip. For the benefit of those who can get to that beautiful area, but don't have access to private waters, there are bunches of small lakes in the Desolation Wilderness area above Lake Tahoe, most within easy day hiking distance.

One of my favorite trips used to be parking at the end of the road at Fallen Leaf Lake, at the southwest corner of Tahoe, and hiking about 3 miles up to Suzie Lake...and a couple more farther up. Always good fishing for small rainbows and brookies, with occasional larger fish. Some of the small lakes up there are deep enough to hold the occasional laker, but require vertical jigging from a tube in the deeper parts of the lake.

Most of the lakes can be easily fished with a bubble and fly, but waving a "fairy wand" at the inlets...where the fish congregate over the decomposed granite flats...can be rewarding early and late in the day. To catch some bigger fish, later in the day, either toss spinners and spoons out and let them sink deep before retrieving. You can also do well with a water filled bubble and a piece of worm on a six foot leader. Cast it out over flats and just let it set. Caught some chunky brookies that way.

One of the great things about Suzie Lake was that the south side was right up against the north slope of a granite wall. There was often a deep snow pack in the shade that lasted through the summer. It was a great spot to hollow out a "refrigerator" to hold a few fish until you were ready to wrap them in snow and a "thermal blanket" and trudge down the hill.

Total beauty and serenity up there. When you get off the trail and take a nap on a flat rock next to the lake...listening to the breezes blow through the tops of the pines...that's what I call a "BRAIN BROOM" (my term). Take lots of film or big memory cards for your digital camera. Everywhere you look there's a classic picture.

TubeDude
[signature]
wow, i wanna quit my job now and go up there forever! thanks for the info tubedude!

sm
[signature]
[cool]I just dredged up some old pics of the "good times". First pic is of a couple of nice brookies, and a nicer brown...all caught on bubble and fly, I used a lot of "California coachmen", renegades, ants and mosquitoes. The regular royal coachman works well too...in sizes 16 and 14.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage2383123.jpg]

Here's a pic of a newbie, and his first trout ever...a small rainbow. To him it was record class.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage2365356.jpg]

All worn out, he takes the Doctor's advice and an afternoon snooze.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage2371859.jpg]

A lotta good times and a lotta good memories in them thar hills.

TubeDude
[signature]