Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illegal in Utah?
When you go fishing for perch, you know how you only use one lure? I have seen people using 6+. Is this illegal in Utah? I have seen people catch 2-5 fish at a time. I thought before i try it i want to see if it is illegal before i get a ticket!

Thanks,
rcturbos

P.S- Anyone go up to pineview, and have a report?
[signature]
I dont know about utah, in michigan we have a rig called perch rig, it kind-a resimbles a coat hanger with a series of hooks hanging down from it, that is counted as one lure here...

hope some one will step up and let you know for sure some time quick so you can get back out on the ice...
[signature]
in utah you can have two hooks on the same line they do sell a set line permit that you can have 15 hooks on but it cant be connected to a pole
[signature]
Set lines are only allowed in a few waters in Utah.

From the 2010 Utah Fishing Guide:

Setlines are lines that are anchored to a non-moving object and that are not attached to a fishing pole. If you obtain a setline permit, and a Utah fishing or combination license, you can use a setline to take fish from the following waters: the Bear River proper (downstream from the Idaho state line, including Cutler Reservoir and outlet canals); the Little Bear River below Valley View Highway (SR-30); the Malad River; and Utah Lake.
[signature]
RC,
I think the proclamation says you can use two pole (you nedd a second pole license) with no more than 2 hooks per rig. I don't think they were legal. Check the proclamation to find out for sure.
jsphisher
[signature]
Check out page 8 of the 2010 Utah Fishing Guide book. It covers your question under Angling.
[signature]
Good info on the number of hooks on a single line. What i thought the rule was.
(01-24-2023, 05:36 PM)thumbsuptrials@yahoo.com Wrote: Good info on the number of hooks on a single line.  What i thought the rule was.

Wow, you replied to a thread that is almost 13 years old (as did I Smile ).