Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
33 hole monday morning report
Had a buddy in town so we decided to do some night fishing out at 33 hole. Got out to the point around midnight, fished until 8am. Caught three small cats while the moon was still up, but as soon as it went down so did the cat catching. For the rest of the outing we kept getting bites but kept getting robbed of our anchovies without being able to hook up. I'm guessing just some little guys picking at the bait until it was gone. Pretty frustrating stuff, but 8 hours at the lake is always 8 hours well spent.
[signature]
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and hooked up on the cats[cool]. That point is really productive my fav spot. And the best way to get em is keep those chovies on ice untill the min you put em on the hook pretty much frozen I like to slip sinker rig with 2 hooks one an inch above the other bait both of em still get the lil bait theives though I usally rebait every 5-10 mins bait is usally gone by the time I reel in if not Im hooked up within that time they love em cold and frozen. I usally chum the area with the head and tail of the chovie I bait that usally gets em going. nice report untill then[fishin]

~4poundonly
[signature]
I went out last Saturday night (the 21st) and ended up catching a nice 5 lb channel cat, but we had the same thing going on with little fish pickin at the bait, ended up hooking a few of em, a real small cat and a striper no longer than my finger. The end of my rod would just go nuts unless I managed to cast to a spot where the lil ones weren't at
[signature]