Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release Tagged Oregon Salmon
NEWPORT, OR—Anglers fishing in several coastal Oregon rivers this fall could see chinook salmon with a small hole in their gill covers or fitted with radio transmitters. These fish are part of the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) multi-year study on chinooks—part of the state's obligation under the U.S.-Canada Pacific Salmon Treaty.

Anglers may keep fish with a clipped fin or hole-punched gillplate, but must release any fish with an antenna protruding from its mouth or body, which have been radio-tagged.

For more information, contact the ODFW's Marine Resources Program office at: (541) 867-0300, ext. 279.
[signature]
Earlyier this year a friend of mine caught a salmon and an odfw fish counter came along and acually removed a chip from the fish he got to keep it i never new they have chiped fish also.
[signature]
Wow! Never heard of that in your parts either. I understand they're doing that in Lake Superior fish.
[signature]
they are also doing this with tuna on the atlantic.

they have found out that the US hatcheries have been feeding the uropean tuna industry with their efforts to keep the tuna plentyfull in the oceans.

what they have found is that tuna released in american waters swim back and forth up and down both sides of the atlantic. (they were horrified to find out that what they have been spending on their efforts some one else is harvesting what they planted.)
[signature]