Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon Seeks Members For Fish Passage Task Force
Here's one that I think at least the Moderator of this state would be quite interested in. It would be great for lots of you Oregonites to get involved, and wear your BFT gear while you're out there and in the meetings!

SALEM, OR—The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) is looking for people interested in fish migration issues to become members of the state's new Fish Passage Task Force.

The Fish Passage Task Force is a citizen advisory group that meets at least four times each year to work with and advise ODFW on fish passage issues. It's composed of nine members, with three representing fishing and conservation, three representing water users and three representing public interests.

To obtain a membership application, call (503) 947-6228.
[signature]
thank for the info ill definatly turn my brother on to that he is also looking into school for a job as a fish culturalist he currently doesnt work and has lots of time on his habds and is looking for things just like that to be involved in...Ive been down with first sick kid then sick me then sick pc so i havent been around much but myself my brother and several friends are still out on the rivers ocean and lakes always sporting our bft gear......again thanks fro the info and pc still isnt up to par but hopefully enough to keep me aboard...
[signature]
You are most welcome. I get most of my "news" from the North American Fishing Club (NAFC) e-newsletters.

Might want to check them out for at least the e-newsletter.
[signature]
I am sorry to hear you were down, and glad to see you back, I was beginning to worrie about you.

have you check out the 16 pic contest? I jus got bumped in to last place lol......

my little giant therie isnt working for me lol.....

I have caught 8 state record sized fish one fish is currently in second place for 2003 for its species. carp. two other fish if excepted will hold first and second place for their species. green sunfish.

I have currently 2 state masterangler patches and am waiting for the other two patches to be excepted.

I went out sunday and reeled in a 20 inch bass, 2 inches and one pound short of another angler patch

I am currently working on my perch and crappie patch for state patches. I caught some last winter but I cant remember what I did with the pictures so I have to get some new one lol....

let me know if you need a sassifrass root for tea.... it will help with the buggies..
[signature]
wow that is so cool dave i wish i could do that good.ive been thinking about takeing a class to be a youth angleing instructer for ODFW and also want to get a boat take some calsses get realy good and be a guild boy im a long way from that but what are dreams for huh......what do you do with the root....
[signature]
check this post out

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=75304;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;"][size 1]planning a youth fishing program for 2004? [/size][/url]

to get classes on youth leadership join up as a youth leader at your local 4-H office. they will hook you up...

for sassifrass tea you take the root and place it in a cup fill with water and place in the micro wave for 2 minuts on high. then 2 minuts on high again.

add a little sugar for taist. (about 1 teaspoon) add one heaping table spoon of honey. sip slowly, it helps with colds pnumonia and flues. and helps the broncial passages.

one small peice will last you all winter long. you reuse the root over and over.