Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Spud"
Because I started this before midnight and I didn’t post it in time I am entering my next post on time. <br> When walking on the ice it is a good idea to carry a spud as a walking stick for several reasons:<br>(1.) It will help you keep your footing on clear ice (smooth - slick)<br>(2.) The safety of ice thickness can be tested with every step. A spud will go through 2 inches of ice with one good pop. Although one inch of ice will support your weight, the ice will not be uniform across the lake. It is not a good idea to venture further if you don’t have 3 inches or better.<br>(3.) If you fall through turning it side ways on your way down and hang on it just might your handle to getting back on top of the ice.<br>(4.) It can be used to cut your fishing hole. <br>(5.) It can be used to chop that tiny fish that swallowed the hook in to bits to be used as bait.<br>(6.) It can be used to chase away that pesky muskrat that is hanging around the hole.<br><br><br>[cool] “Don’t forget to wiggle your jig.” davetclown