Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Line Question
I've been letting the fishing line sit on my reel for a year almost should I replace the line or something? If it matters the reel is a shimono baitcasting reel
[signature]
Annually is a good practice, especially for Mono.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Nick, what kind of line do you have on your reel? Just as a rule I have never changed braided line on my reels but it depends on how much you use it and the type of braid. As far a mono goes, again it depends on how much you use the line but a lot of people will change it every year but I change mine every two to three years depending on the use. I was using a reel with mono the other day and noticed the line was starting to peel off and separate. That line had been on that reel for at least 4 years but I will be changing it before I go out again. Also it depends on the weight of the line, I trust 10 to 15 lb test longer than 6 lb but I check all my knots every time I catch a fish or attach a lure. This is just my opinion and others will have different opinions but this has worked for me for many many years. Hope it helps.
WH2
WH2
[signature]
10 pound mono
[signature]
I'd change it out. Not worth the headaches or broken line with a nice fish.
[signature]
thank you all for your help :]
[signature]
For the price of line. It's worth changing annually.
[signature]