Fishing Forum
Utah Lake Cats - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Utah Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+--- Forum: Utah Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Utah Lake Cats (/showthread.php?tid=46073)

Utah Lake Cats - hook_line_sinker - 05-23-2003

Hey all

A friend and I are thinking about heading to Utah Lake on Saturday eve for some cat fishing. Niether of us has fished UL for cats before and arent sure where to head. Any help and directions would be much appreciated. Also, we heard that Willard bay is decent for cats, but as with UL, we havent been there before either. Thanks for your help.

Todd
[signature]

Re: [hook_line_sinker] Utah Lake Cats - UTBASS - 05-23-2003

Every time I head down to the lake it seems that Lindon Boat Harbor is producing the biggest channel cats. The neck of the boat entrance is deepest and I saw some 15+ lbders coming out of there.
[signature]

Re: [hook_line_sinker] Utah Lake Cats - icefool - 05-23-2003

I fish Willard for cats all the time and most of them are rather small. If you are looking for big cats UL will probably be your best bet.
[signature]

Re: [hook_line_sinker] Utah Lake Cats - Kent - 05-23-2003

[font "Arial"][size 2]The Lincoln Beach area often is a good place to catch the cats.

Directions to Lincoln Beach – Heading south from Provo take the Spanish Fork exit #260, and at the stoplight turn left (south) onto Main Street. Turn right (west) on 400 North, after leaving Spanish Fork 400 North becomes 6400 South. Keep going west until you reach a point where you make a sharp right turn. At this point you have traveled approximately 6.1 miles from when you started on 400 North and you are at 4800 West. After making the sharp right turn, as soon as you can, you want to turn left (west) and you will be on 6300 South. Keep going west and follow the road around a bend north towards the lake. After approximately 2.4 miles, from when you turned onto 6300 South, you will reach the road to Lincoln Beach. The Lincoln Beach boat ramp is down a paved road on your right just as you reach Utah Lake. From the boat ramp on for the next couple miles is the area known as Lincoln Beach. Some of the best fishing from shore is in some springs out in Utah Lake, near the northernmost point of land out into the lake, which is approximately 1/3 mile past the boat ramp. [/size][/font]
[signature]

Re: [hook_line_sinker] Utah Lake Cats - wiperhunter2 - 05-23-2003

Ice fool is right the cats are small at Willard, if you don't mine catching 8 and 9 inch cats, you can catch all you want in the South marina on the back side of the boat docks. There is an area there that is loaded with them, all you need is a night crawler, about 3 or 4 foot below a bobber. Good luck no matter where you go. WH2
[signature]

Re: [hook_line_sinker] Utah Lake Cats - Curtisfish - 05-23-2003

Although it's been a few years (about 10 of them), I used to go to the Provo boat harbor, straight down Center Street. We fished right off the dikes. I don't recall if it's the north or south dike that has a wheelchair access platform on it. We fished just past the platform with a worm on a treble hook, under a bubble about 2-3 feet. Everyone else was casting as far as they could, we just set a 7' pole down to the water, in the rocks, or tossed it a few feet. We averaged 7lb cats. This worked well from about mid-June through late July. Two of us would go down after work for 3-4 hours with each of us catching 6-8 cats. Hope it helps.
[signature]

Re: [hook_line_sinker] Utah Lake Cats - TIBBZZ - 05-24-2003

Yep most Willards cats are small, head to Utah Lake. Lincoln Beach, american fork harbor,linden harbor,provo harbor.Also a great place is the PUMPS.The pumps are located north of the lake by lehi. I like to use chicken livers or crawlers-TIBBZZ-
[signature]