Fishing Forum
Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Utah Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+--- Forum: Utah Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report (/showthread.php?tid=872854)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - Flyfishinglover - 03-28-2014

TD gave me some of his woolly buggers he makes with hot glue and they sure work. Tried out the purple one and it got me 4 bows range 13-16". Had one 20"+ bow on until it went completely air born then watching the woolly bugger fly a good 3 ft away from the jumping site with a help of the wind of death.

Caught about 10-15 bows range 12-16". Fishing was decent for how terrible the weather was.

One of the bows I caught when it wasn't raining hard yesterday.
[inline "Deer creek and e cig 03 26 13 007.JPG"]
[inline "Deer creek and e cig 03 26 13 008.JPG"]

[signature]

Re: [Flyfishinglover] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - brookieguy1 - 03-28-2014

Those 'bows love that Tubedude Purple Peril! The jigs in that same color work wonders.
[signature]

Re: [Flyfishinglover] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - SkunkedAgain - 03-28-2014

How were you fishing them? Trolling? Fly fishing and stripping them in? Sounds like a fun trip. Nice report. Later J
[signature]

Re: [brookieguy1] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - Flyfishinglover - 03-28-2014

The bows are just addicted for TD gear. I even had some monster bows that were easily 25" during ice season. Sadly they got unhooked right at the hole.
[signature]

Re: [SkunkedAgain] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - Flyfishinglover - 03-28-2014

Type 2 sinking line with 5 ft of tippet as well for the best results for me was trolling slow with fast stripping or strip pause strip strip type of pattern. After the years I've found certain stripping patterns that work anywhere I go basically with wolly buggers. I have a 55 lbs thrust battery power motor and I'd be trolling on level 1 or 2 for the most part but sometimes I'd go on 3.

I'd say 2 weeks ago was a nice trip for having no wind in the morning then wind started picking up around 2or3 pm. This trip was on and off harsh winds reaching 15-25 mph but it didn't stop me from catching a few bows at least.
[signature]

Re: [Flyfishinglover] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - SkunkedAgain - 03-28-2014

Sounds like you were in your toon, that makes a fun trip if the wind will leave ya alone. Thanks for the info. Later J
[signature]

Re: [SkunkedAgain] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - Flyfishinglover - 03-28-2014

I got one of these type of pontoon. Sure is fun with a small motor after not using it in 2 year but is a pain in the but here and there with small holes coming up for a 7 year old pontoon. Luckily I know to to fix them easily with zap a gap and duck tape is just a great combination.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Boating/Canoes-Kayaks-Small-Boats/Small-Craft-Inflatable%7C/pc/104794380/c/104710680/sc/104581980/Intex-Mariner-Inflatable-Boat/738237.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fsmall-craft-inflatable%2F_%2FN-1100574%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104581980%3FWTz_l%3DUnknown%253Bcat104794380%253Bcat104710680&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat104794380%3Bcat104710680%3Bcat104581980
[signature]

Toons are a little work, but I sure like mine. Later J
[signature]

Re: [Flyfishinglover] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - TroutMan93 - 03-28-2014

Hey at least your rod didn't break this time.

I've been putting off going to DC since ice off and was supposed to go today but I have too much to get done. So my first float of the year will be tomorrow.

Those hothead flys are just absolutely AWESOME!! One of my new best flies for the Uintas.
[signature]

Re: [Flyfishinglover] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - flygoddess - 03-28-2014

Three questions: 1 Did you license it? 2 How do fish come off TD's hooks? 3 Why are just the big ones coming off [laugh][Smile]
[signature]

Re: [TroutMan93] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - Flyfishinglover - 03-28-2014

Ya this rod is almost 1 year old [laugh] and I'm loving it.
[signature]

Re: [flygoddess] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - Flyfishinglover - 03-28-2014

1.License what??? 2. Might of been that the jig I was using was from last year ice fishing season and wasn't that sharp. 3 I'm not sure. I've been only ice fishing for 2 seasons now other then that I've only been a hand full of times 10 years ago.
[signature]

Re: [flygoddess] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - remo_5_0 - 03-28-2014

I have noticed that FFL is an expert in the art of estimating the size of the ones that get off…Can't tell ya how many 30" fish I have had come undone, only can manage to land the dinks [crazy]
[signature]

Re: [Flyfishinglover] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - remo_5_0 - 03-28-2014

I think you have to register your toon, and do the invasive species paperwork, if that is not done I think it is illegal to fish from your toon……scofflaw!
[signature]

Re: [remo_5_0] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - flygoddess - 03-28-2014

[quote remo_5_0]I think you have to register your toon, and do the invasive species paperwork, if that is not done I think it is illegal to fish from your toon……scofflaw![/quote]

Anything you put a motor on must be licensed. Anything you ride on in the water you should have the invasive paper saying you understand you must clean a rubber raft, float tube, pontoon boat the same as a full sized boat.
[signature]

Re: [Flyfishinglover] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - remo_5_0 - 03-28-2014

[quote Flyfishinglover]. I have a 55 lbs thrust battery power motor and I'd be trolling on level 1 or 2 for the most part but sometimes I'd go on 3.
.[/quote]

Better get that raft registered FFL, 5_0 may give ya a ticket!
[signature]

Re: [remo_5_0] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - riverdog - 03-28-2014

Posting 2 apparent violations of Utah law and all but giving away your location isn't the brightest thing to do. The fish cops actually do patrol Tibble Fork as it's so easy to reach. Sorry FFL, I'll out any location if someone appears to be either poaching or breaking other Utah laws while fishing.
Remo, don't you have statewide enforcement jurisdiction ? I'd be happy to go along for a fishing trip while we wait for this perp to show up.
[signature]

Re: [riverdog] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - remo_5_0 - 03-28-2014

[Wink] of course I do.
[signature]

Re: [remo_5_0] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - TroutMan93 - 03-28-2014

Don't forget the donuts! [laugh]
[signature]

Re: [TroutMan93] Tube Dude woolly bugger approve/Dc report - remo_5_0 - 03-28-2014

[quote TroutMan93]Don't forget the donuts! [laugh][/quote]

Bagels bro!
[signature]