Fishing Forum
pineview? - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Utah Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+--- Forum: Utah Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: pineview? (/showthread.php?tid=912764)

Pages: 1 2

pineview? - icefishingman - 01-09-2015

i was wondering where to go on pineview for some crappie and maybe some perch? anything will help, including bait and jigs
[signature]

Re: [icefishingman] pineview? - RockyRaab - 01-09-2015

You mean where to launch your boat? Because by Saturday that's what you'll likely be doing.
[signature]

Re: [RockyRaab] pineview? - 49desotoman - 01-09-2015

how about a ice update anyone..... im planing a trip sunday with friends from work dont want to look like a D.A. any help thanks
[signature]

Re: [49desotoman] pineview? - spoondog - 01-09-2015

Fishing has been hot around cemetery point but with the warm temps there is no way you'll get on any kind of safe ice this weekend. Ice was 2.5" on Monday. But when it freezes back up it will be a great spot. Pic from Monday attached.
[signature]

Re: [spoondog] pineview? - icefishingman - 01-10-2015

Spoon dog? What part on the point? And what did you use?
[signature]

Re: [spoondog] pineview? - oi81b4u2 - 01-10-2015

That's strange I've never herd, seen, or caught any blue gills at pine view! Yet you've got a handful in your pic, nice job! You don't have to divulge your spot, but I have to admit that I'm curious as to where you were hammering those bad boys[Smile]
[signature]

Re: [spoondog] pineview? - FishinDoc - 01-10-2015

There were a fair number of us out today on the north side of cemetery point. Ice was 5 inches and firm. No popping or cracking. Nothing but small crappie. Always be safe but it looks like the warm week wasn't too destructive at pine view.
[signature]

Re: [FishinDoc] pineview? - icefishingman - 01-11-2015

thanks for all the info! spoon dog im taking my scout troop out there this week, and would really like to know here you went and what you used
[signature]

Re: [oi81b4u2] pineview? - albinotrout - 01-12-2015

[quote oi81b4u2]That's strange I've never herd, seen, or caught any blue gills at pine view! Yet you've got a handful in your pic, nice job! You don't have to divulge your spot, but I have to admit that I'm curious as to where you were hammering those bad boys[Smile][/quote]

They are definitely there. Last time I caught them it was still softwater and I found a school of them suspeded. Couldn't keep them off the hook.
[signature]

Re: [albinotrout] pineview? - oi81b4u2 - 01-12-2015

Good to know, And they look like that they have some size to them. Thank you!!
[signature]

Re: [FishinDoc] pineview? - Icefisherman24 - 01-12-2015

What bait were you using for all those crappie, and has anyone had any luck with tiger Muskie this year?
[signature]

Re: [Icefisherman24] pineview? - FishinDoc - 01-12-2015

Ice flys, Gizzy bugs, rat finkies. Pink, chartreuse, pearl for colors. Seems like I got bites and fish on almost anything small I put down the hole. I did get a few on Gizzilas as well but not bigger is size as I was hopeing.
[signature]

Re: [FishinDoc] pineview? - Icefisherman24 - 01-12-2015

Thanks, going up this Saturday hope the fish are still biting.
[signature]

Re: [Icefisherman24] pineview? - Springbuck - 01-12-2015

They will be, if there is any ice to stand on.
[signature]

Re: [Springbuck] pineview? - captainjac15 - 01-13-2015

I fished it today, was there all morning and stayed until 5:15pm. It rained and snowed then rain, then snow... Hovering right around the freezing temps. Fishing was good for Crappie. Only 3 perch and they were on the small side. Ice was 5.5-6" in the morning and 5.5-6" in the evening when we left. We were checking all day. Fished in 45 FOW 300 feet out. Everywhere we went was the same ice thickness. It just looks worse than it is when you look from the road and stay in your truck. The surface looks slushy and gray, but that coloration is only 1/2" deep, after that its 5.5"-6" of clear ice. There were four other groups in the general area we were. Just don't be an idiot and try to drive your four wheeler or snowmobile out there. Drag your sled like a man.
[signature]

Re: [captainjac15] pineview? - Liprippin - 01-13-2015

Was that you guys in the black frabil just to the north of the point? I was in the frabil trekker pullover. Found a few crappies and some small perch. Ice was still good but with any warmer temps, be careful.
[signature]

Re: [Liprippin] pineview? - captainjac15 - 01-13-2015

Well there were a few black frabills out there, haha. We were the ones farthest out towards the end of the point. And yes, it is always imperative that anyone who intends to ice fish is careful. Check your ice thickness and quality regularly.
[signature]

Re: [captainjac15] pineview? - Liprippin - 01-13-2015

I was the guy hole hoping right by you. Chatted with one of you guys for a little but and good advice![reply][/reply]
[signature]

Re: [captainjac15] pineview? - litetackle - 01-13-2015

Sounds like a fair day. Was any one accessing the ice from the port ramp? We fished this fall about 100 yds out and south of there. The crappie were thick and hungry. I'd like to try there Thursday or Friday. Any info will help....thanks.

LT

Re: [Liprippin] pineview? - captainjac15 - 01-13-2015

[quote Liprippin]I was the guy hole hoping right by you. Chatted with one of you guys for a little but and good advice![reply][/reply][/quote]

That was me, I was wearing the red jacket. Hope you got into a few.
[signature]