Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WA Ice Reports
I would like this thread to be used to keep people updated on current ice conditions. I'll try to update it as I'm able to get out or if I hear anything. I'm in Okanogan County so that's where most of my reports will be. If anybody else has updates, please post them! The more people posting, the better!!

My most recent ice update is for Banks Lake near Electric City. The ice is currently about 9 or 10 inches with about 6 inches of snow on top.

Other lakes that I've visited a bit longer ago (within the last month) include:
Bonaparte
Leader
Whitestone
Molson
These all had at least 6+ inches and I assume they still do.
Eloika had 7 or 8 inches with some slush when I was there a month or so ago. Not sure what it's like now, but have heard rumors it's still good.
Summit Lake on the Colville Res. has good ice but a ton of snow as well so access might be challenging.

That's all I know for now. I'll try to keep this updated if I hear anything new.
Everybody else please feel free to chime in with your ice reports too!
[signature]
Forgot to add Palmer Lake... Was there a few weeks ago and there was about 7 inches but just on the very south end of the lake, the rest was open water. Tons of perch biting though!
[signature]
Do you guys still have good ice there? How long are the perch?
[signature]
We've had a couple weeks of pretty warm temps. I don't think it's been warm enough to melt the ice quite, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were a fair bit of slush on top. I just heard that Curlew has about 18 inches still. Second-hand info though. Haven't been able to get out in the last couple weeks myself.
The perch I was catching at Palmer were pretty smallish. Got several 10+ inchers but most were probably under 9. There sure were tons of them though!
[signature]
Wow, that quite a bit of ice still, what is the elevation at Curlew? Hey a 9" perch taste just as good as a 10"er, you just have to catch a few more of them[Wink].
[signature]
I grew up around there, the elevation is about 1800' and this morning (2-24-17) the temperature was 19 degrees.
Cannot speak of the ice as I have not been there since I was a puppy.
[signature]
Wow, thats amazing it gets that cold there when the elevation is so low but I guess it gets a lot of that cold Polar air.
[signature]