Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Ultimate Shore Casting Spinning Rig!
The most awesome spinning shore casting rig i've ever put together. Light weight. Long length. Good yardage. Long casting capability. I was able to piece everything together but it took 4 months to find all the pieces.
The Shimano Ultegra 14000 XTD European Release "Matt Black" Edition-
1- S A-RB + 3BB + 1
Gear Ratio-4.3:1
Spool Capacity-12lb/600yd
Max Drag-44lbs
Line Retrieval-40in per turn
1-Spare 14000 Spool
Weight-620g/21.9oz
X-Ship
Floating Shaft II
Power Roller
Dyna Balance
Super Stopper
Waterproof Drag System
2-Line Reducers
Instant Drag
Slow Speed Oscillation
Aero Wrap II
2-Speed Line Lay
This is the European release. Normal color is silver, this is the Matt Black edition. For it's size it's very light weight. Had to order this from Anglers Corner UK as no US dealer carries it. I also got my Breakaway Cannons that i use for long distance braid casting from them.
The Fenwick SeaHawk Pro 16'6" 3-pc Surfcasting Spinning E-Glass Carbon Rod w/Travel Hard & Soft Case-
1)SeaHawks are thick but light E-Glass rods combined with a graphite woven butt.
2)Originally made for accurate long distance casting for Carp angers
3)Soft tip with moderate action-so doesn't rip the hook from the fighting fishes mouth.
4)SS hooded reel seat, double wrapped guides, Aloxide rings in SS frames, Eva handle grips.
Length:16'6" (5m)
Lure Weight:100g-250g (3.53oz-8.82oz)
Rod Power:Medium-Heavy
Line Weight:15-40lbs
Number of Pieces:3
Blank Material:Carbon Fiber (High Modulus)
(Last offered in a 2011 European Carp Fishing Catalog)
I had the braid backing & monofilament top shot done by Ken at Charley's Fishing Supply in downtown, Honolulu. Please ask Roy, the owner before you take pictures or videos at his store. Great helpful knowledgeable personnel there from the owner to Ken, Jen, & Sukil.
I decided to put on 50lb Jerry Brown braid backing with a 50lb mono top shot of Trilene Big Game. Everyone has their own personal preference, no right or wrong answer to what you put on. Took me months to put this together, this rig dwarfs my 13'3" Ballistic with the Penn 113HL. I'm going to add on a Breakaway Cannon but i may not need it. It's amazingly light, need to weigh it.
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=B5L8Z0_EIFc
[signature]