Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need some info on south. cali.
Hey guys I am heading out to the High desert in march(12th-16th) ill be in good old lancaster where the wind never stops. The inlaws live out there and i figured im out there enough i might as well buy a license. The problem is i dont know where to fish I know that castaic is pretty close but thats all i know so any info on where to fish what to use and any directions would be great. I mostly spin fish but do a little fly fishin i have a float tube but i dont think i will take it on this trip unless you talk me into it. Thanks in advance. Matt
[signature]
Hey fishaddict1, If you make it down here, you will be kind of in the middle of a triangle of fishing spots. I live about the same distance from Castaic as you will probably be when you get here.

There is some good float tubing in the lower lake if you decide to bring your tube. The only thing is there are some winds there off and on as well. Don't let that stop you from the fishing dock or the shoreline that is around there.

I will be in BigBear Lake during your visit otherwise I would offer to join you over there. I can give you simple directions on how to get there from Lancaster.

Take the I 14 north to the 5 North. From there, continue North for about 8 miles. Take the Lake Hughes Rd offramp and turn right. (east) continue east for @ 1mile. There is an entrance there to the shoreline or take the next entrance to the picnic/campground area where there is a fishing dock.

Either entrance, plan on paying about 7 bucks to park for the day and the parking permit is good at both of the locations. If you are planning to launch a float tube, then you can expect to pay another 6 bucks for a launch permit. The tubes can only be launched from the first entrance that I mentioned.

A fishing license can be purchased at any K mart or Wallmart. There are a few out in that area of Lancaster and Palmdale.

Let me know if you need any more information.
[signature]
[cool][#800000][size 2]Hey tubeN2,[/size][/#800000]

[#800000][size 2]Big Bear huh. Will need a full report as to the conditions up there this time of year. Will be waiting at my box for your reply.[/size][/#800000]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2892;]
[signature]
I will get a weather report at the most. I was hired out to cover emergency medical neccesities for a big church group. I will be there the whole week end from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon.

I go with them twice a year and thats just when I take a vacation from fishing. It doesn't sound quite right to take a vacation from fishing but I do go more often than I post. I have been doing product testing for some other companies and have to give the secret reports to them only until the product reaches the general market.

That too is alot of fun.
[signature]